• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who knows anything about Denzer Guzman?

Erstad Grit

I read this but some of you here are super knowledgeable of prospects. 

Guzman, a 6-foot-2, 178-pound infielder from the Dominican Republic, is one of the best power hitters in this year's international signing class. He is listed as a shortstop but will almost certainly end up at third base if he stays in the infield. Guzman has a simple setup but explodes through the zone, showcasing hyperbolic strength and power for a 16-year-old prospect.

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Ranked 29 on MLB.

mlb.com/prospects/international/denzer-guzman-694203 

Yeah I wouldn't put any stock in rankings, just like the MLB and NFL draft there are teams that fall in love with a player's skill set and other intangibles that the prospect evaluators overlook or don't pick up on.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah I wouldn't put any stock in rankings, just like the MLB and NFL draft there are teams that fall in love with a player's skill set and other intangibles that the prospect evaluators overlook or don't pick up on.

He's ranked 29th because nobody believes he can stay at SS, and his power isn't corner IFer type yet.  But he's 16, and he's yet to see a McDonalds.  He's going to get bigger.

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Hopefully he gets Puig bigger and not Maitan bigger.

Yep, and you nailed it.  They have no way of knowing how he will grow into his body so the grade him on what he is right now and what he can and can't do.   

This is a good time to remind people Acuna was signed for 100k and wasn't ranked at all.  Juan Soto was ranked 22nd, and signed for 1.5 mil.   The number one ranked guy in Acuna's signing period was a guy named Dermis Garcia .. 3.2 mil by the Yankees.  He's 23 now and still never seen AA.   I won't mention who the top guy in 2015 was when the Nats got Soto because Baldoquin just needs a few more at bats so we didn't need him anyway   #@$%&@#!