• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More pitchers coming off the board, are you worried yet?

Angels 1961

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

And now were getting the the point where it starts to get a little nerve wracking... Not only due to lessening the field but the fact that every one of these guys that signs or trades Bauer gets more expensive. 
Why in gods name have we waiting, again, till we have zero leverage. 

Why have we waited?  Because he hasn’t said yes would be my guess.  Why have other teams waited? 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Good question, i have no idea.
It isnt just about Bauer... options are lessening, and everyone knows where we are. 

If Bauers price went up then teams have more rooms in their budget.  The Angels aren’t paying him anymore money because Mugrove is off the market.  That isn’t how Arte works.  The only person I know of that Arte changed his offer for was Trout, the difference was $5 million more.  

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If Bauers price went up then teams have more rooms in their budget.  The Angels aren’t paying him anymore money because Mugrove is off the market.  That isn’t how Arte works.  The only person I know of that Arte changed his offer for was Trout, the difference was $5 million more.  

Arte will have to pay what it takes to get him, if he wants to sign him, not what he wants to pay.  How he works is irrelevant to that fact. 

Just now, floplag said:

Arte will have to pay what it takes to get him, if he wants to sign him, not what he wants to pay.  How he works is irrelevant to that fact. 

Haha.  If he pays what it takes to get him then he is comfortable paying it.  Musgrove won’t have any relevancy to this.

13 minutes ago, floplag said:

I cant tell if you miss the point or are just being argumentative.
No matter i guess, its moot. 

Your point was that because pitchers are off the board the price of Bauer just went up.  If that is the case then the Angels are out because Arte isn’t going to offer more.  If Bauer signs it is because Arte was comfortable with his asking price.  

My dream offseason has always been Bauer and Sonny Gray. 

After seeing how little value the Pirates got for Musgrove, we absolutely have the pieces to land Sonny if they’re serious about trading him. They apparently asked for Gleber in Castillo talks, they want a shortstop. So send them Regnifo (assuming they want someone for this year) and attach a couple prospects. Jordyn Adams who is comparable to Head. Add in a pitcher (Detmers/Rodriguez/Sandoval) and make it happen. Teams aren’t parting with their top prospects anymore. The Padres pretty much just proved that this winter. 

At some point you need to make an actual effort to win. Those teams that are trying to win this year are making those that are just talking and hoping to win, look silly so far. If we end up with a couple more Billy specials this winter I’m thinking this is more of an Arte problem than a GM one.

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

I wouldn’t go quite that far. Tanaka, Odorizzi, Richards and Quintana are all good pitchers, even if not top of rotation guys. 

Yeah, those guys are all pretty meh. I mean if this were 2015, those four would be #1-2 starters. Here we are in 2021, and no one knows of Odorizzi is the 2019 resurgent version of the minimally effective 2020 version. Richards doesn't have the best medical history and wasn't as effective last year as previous years, Tanaka has settled in as a #3/4 starter, and is very much meh, and Quintana hasn't had an ERA under 4.00 in five years now, though his peripherals suggest he's not that bad, but still meh. 

A lot of gambles among that group. I do believe Odorizzi is still the resurgent version of himself because he maintained the additional velocity last year. Richards' stuff is still very good, and to his credit, he stayed healthy the whole year, so there may be a return to form left in him. Tanaka is who he is at this point, lots of innings, low 4's ERA. Same with Quintana. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Your point was that because pitchers are off the board the price of Bauer just went up.  If that is the case then the Angels are out because Arte isn’t going to offer more.  If Bauer signs it is because Arte was comfortable with his asking price.  

Not even close, but please continue telling people what they said over actually trying to understand. 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

Not even close, but please continue telling people what they said over actually trying to understand. 

2 hours ago, floplag said:

And now were getting the the point where it starts to get a little nerve wracking... Not only due to lessening the field but the fact that every one of these guys that signs or trades Bauer gets more expensive. 
Why in gods name have we waiting, again, till we have zero leverage. 

So I guess I misunderstood this. Sorry.  I assumed this meant that because Musgrove was traded you were saying the cost of Bauer went up.   I have no idea how I misunderstood. 

3 hours ago, HaloBronco said:

At this point it doesn't seem like we are getting any big arms, I hope I'm wrong.

Might as will bring Richards back home (maybe he stays healthy for a change).  

This is probably not a bad idea either way. At least getting Bauer AND Richards helps with depth.

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

So I guess I misunderstood this. Sorry.  I assumed this meant that because Musgrove was traded you were saying the cost of Bauer went up.   I have no idea how I misunderstood. 

Except you ignored the part you actually highlighted.
I did not say because of Musgrave, i said every one of these guys that signs he gets more expensive, or, simply supply and demand. 
You should know this.

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Except you ignored the part you actually highlighted.
I did not say because of Musgrave, i said every one of these guys that signs he gets more expensive, or, simply supply and demand. 
You should know this.

Yea, I will go back to your initial question, why have we waited.  The obvious reason why we have waited is because the price is too high for any starting pitcher on the free agent market.  We have waited just like all 30 teams have waited on the free agent pitching market.  Those prices are not going to go up the closer we get to spring training, they never do.  The supply for quality free agent pitching is exactly the same as it was when free agency started.