• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More pitchers coming off the board, are you worried yet?

Angels 1961

40 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I must admit however, there are still high end arms on the market. Bauer obviously will cost money, but other guys like Gray, Castillo abd Marquez will cost prospects, and the Angels have some high end prospect surplus for sure. 

Is Marquez actually on the market? From everything I've seen from Rockies reporters, the Rockies want to hold onto him. We've seen reports that the Reds are at least listening to Gray and Castillo but I haven't seen that with Marquez.

I feel very strongly that the Angels have an offer out to Bauer, or at least have verbalized what sort of contract they can do, and are waiting for him to decide. If it’s the Angels, they probably lock in some with a cheaper salary by trade (Musgrove might be too costly if he takes MLB ready depth) or a value buy free agent.

If he signs elsewhere, they probably pivot to a trade for a more frontline guy and then use the money for replacing depth dealt (like Adell).

I think it’s really just waiting on Bauer at this point. They’ve also probably made some trade offers but teams are also waiting to see if Bauer’s signing drums up more interest before accepting. Everyone is waiting on Bauer. 

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I feel very strongly that the Angels have an offer out to Bauer, or at least have verbalized what sort of contract they can do, and are waiting for him to decide. If it’s the Angels, they probably lock in some with a cheaper salary by trade (Musgrove might be too costly if he takes MLB ready depth) or a value buy free agent.

If he signs elsewhere, they probably pivot to a trade for a more frontline guy and then use the money for replacing depth dealt (like Adell).

I think it’s really just waiting on Bauer at this point. They’ve also probably made some trade offers but teams are also waiting to see if Bauer’s signing drums up more interest before accepting. Everyone is waiting on Bauer. 

Yep, and he’s milking it good.

14 hours ago, Stradling said:

Last year he didn’t compare to any viable free agent.  In 2019 he didn’t compare to any viable option. 

Yep, I wanted the Halos to sign Kluber, but not at $11 million guaranteed, more like $5 million with incentives.

Yankees took a gamble at $11 million.

Recovery from shoulder issues is a definite concern, despite his health being great through 2018.

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Yep, I wanted the Halos to sign Kluber, but not at $11 million guaranteed, more like $5 million with incentives.

Yankees took a gamble at $11 million.

Recovery from shoulder issues is a definite concern, despite his health being great through 2018.

I thought with Callaway as pitching coach halos  get him. 2 years ago Richards signed a 2 year 15 million ans was not going to pitch for a year. I think Yankees jumped on him and said goodbye to Tanaka. Most free agent starters out there have had arms problems. Richards, Walker, Paxton etc. Just which one will u gamble on. I'm not big Bauer fan think he will be over payed but halos are getting desperate. Teams that may trade a starter know that.

6 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Happy Birthday Trevor, good luck no matter where u sign. Beautiful day in So. Cal

Trevor says thank you, but please stop sending him naked pictures of yourself.

12 hours ago, thebloob said:

While I understand all announcements should be taken with a grain of salt the reds gm squashed the Castillo to Yankees rumor and seems to have splashed cold water on any trades for him.  I only note this because I saw his name in some comments above as a possibility.  

I agree scratch his name off list of starters.

If either Colorado pitcher is available, Marquez or Gray, we should at least be in communication with the Rockies.  

Sonny Gray can stay in Cincy.  I just am not feeling it with him, and his large contract. 

The farm system is finally getting some talented depth pieces, so my preference is to sign Bauer and fill in around him.

2 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

If either Colorado pitcher is available, Marquez or Gray, we should at least be in communication with the Rockies.  

Sonny Gray can stay in Cincy.  I just am not feeling it with him, and his large contract. 

The farm system is finally getting some talented depth pieces, so my preference is to sign Bauer and fill in around him.

Agreed, except that Gray is only owed some $20 million total the next two seasons, and has a team option at $12 million for 2023.

The concern is that it’s too soon to decide on trading pretty much any key  prospect, due to no 2020 MiLB season.   Need to see how 2021 progresses.

Bet bet is to sign either Quintana, Tanaka, or Odorizzi and one more setup man for the pen, and keep every key prospect for one more season.

How about Quintana for two years/$20 million, Paxton for one year/$10 million, one of the unsigned set up men, and Pillar for one year/$5 million?

Given Moreno’s reluctance to go over budget, that might be as good as they can do, and keep all key prospects for another year?

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

How about Quintana for two years/$20 million, Paxton for one year/$10 million, one of the unsigned set up men, and Pillar for one year/$5 million?

Given Moreno’s reluctance to go over budget, that might be as good as they can do, and keep all key prospects for another year?

Interesting idea. Something like this will probably happen.

I would like to keep our prospects unless it's a deal we can't refuse.