• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More pitchers coming off the board, are you worried yet?

Angels 1961

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Just saying pitchers starters and relief pitchers coming off daily, does it make you worry mid January without our biggest need not addressed yet. 

Relax.  The amount of availability right now is more like a normal early December, not mid January.

19 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i can't believe the friggin angels didn't sign stroman! it's typical angel management to not sign the guy who was never available to anybody.

Before the offseason many here identified him as a potential target. He became no longer an option same with Odorizzi last offseason. That's a fact. Not sure how you construe that as a misplaced criticism of Angels. I was making the point it feels like we are on a trajectory of Bauer or bust. 

4 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

That is what has been said last 2 years. I'm just a little worried mid January without a starter being signed or traded for. 

It's been a slow offseason. 

we'll start worry once Bauer if off the Market.

There are still a solid amount of pitchers left.

The few that are coming off:

Snell? we were never going to make a trade for him

Darvish could have been in play, but you also have to consider how deep their system is and we weren't going to be able to compete with them.

Morton prefered a east cost team. 

There are still a good amount of pitching left. 

3 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

OP valid in my opinion.

Darvish, Snell, and Stroman were potential targets identified if Bauer doesn't work out. We're starting to be in a Bauer or bust position.I don't consider Castillo a realistic trade option so after Bauer its Gray or second tier pitchers. 

Don’t forget Marquez.

5 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Before the offseason many here identified him as a potential target. He became no longer an option same with Odorizzi last offseason. That's a fact. Not sure how you construe that as a misplaced criticism of Angels. I was making the point it feels like we are on a trajectory of Bauer or bust. 

you're missing my point. you devalued your own message by including stroman who accepted a QO. your message is stronger if you just say snell and darvish. the angels theoretically could have got either of them, where it's a fact they could not have got stroman.

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

Carrasco gone also, takes 2 to get trade done. Reds could ask  for more to get deal done. Dodgers have been quiet and have better prospects and deeper farm system. Kluber gone.

I’m fine with one starter and Barria as the 6th guy.

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

I like Barria I'm more concerned about health for Canning and Heaney.

They have Sandoval and Pena to fill in in that case if they need to. It’s not ideal, obviously but how many starts are we talking? I’d like two starters for depth but I’m happy with one and more minor league depth signings, cuz honestly where are you going to put everyone? 

I like Barria I'm more concerned about health for Canning and Heaney.

If you are worried about the health of Canning and Heaney....

Kluber gone today the market is shrinking daily.

Then you can’t possibly think that Kluber was a viable option for this rotation.  Once you can understand that he isn’t a viable option, then you will understand that the market didn’t shrink today because of his signing.

Just now, Stradling said:

Then you can’t possibly think that Kluber was a viable option for this rotation.  Once you can understand that he isn’t a viable option, then you will understand that the market didn’t shrink today because of his signing.

You did it! You caught the troll!

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yankees thought he was and with Callaway as pitching coach I thought it would be a decent fit.

Today's signings really didn't have much of an effect on the market. Kluber was never an option, just didn't fit the team needs. 

Are the Angels still likely to underwhelm on the pitching market? Yes, simply because their options have been greatly reduced by more aggressive teams. 

I must admit however, there are still high end arms on the market. Bauer obviously will cost money, but other guys like Gray, Castillo abd Marquez will cost prospects, and the Angels have some high end prospect surplus for sure.