• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More pitchers coming off the board, are you worried yet?

Angels 1961

Not worried yet, as much as I'm having my doubts as to whether or not Minasian can acquire the upside pitching this team needs. 

I think they'll get pitching, but it's probably going to be in the Eppler vein of unexciting #4/5 starting pitchers. I wish there could be more, but I'm just not seeing it. 

The Reds don't seem intent on taking Gray or Castillo at this point, Darvish and Snell are gone, Bauer's interests don't exactly line up with the Angels that we've come to know...

If they end up with something like Quintana and Tanaka, it'll probably be enough to keep them competitive, around .500, but not enough to unseat the Astros or A's. 

And if that's the case, then I'll wonder exactly why we got rid of Eppler when his successor does the same exact thing.

9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Not worried yet, as much as I'm having my doubts as to whether or not Minasian can acquire the upside pitching this team needs. 

I think they'll get pitching, but it's probably going to be in the Eppler vein of unexciting #4/5 starting pitchers. I wish there could be more, but I'm just not seeing it. 

The Reds don't seem intent on taking Gray or Castillo at this point, Darvish and Snell are gone, Bauer's interests don't exactly line up with the Angels that we've come to know...

If they end up with something like Quintana and Tanaka, it'll probably be enough to keep them competitive, around .500, but not enough to unseat the Astros or A's. 

And if that's the case, then I'll wonder exactly why we got rid of Eppler when his successor does the same exact thing.

because the results from Eppler on 1yr deals were for shit.  We were around .500 even with Eppler's moves.  +10 base runs differential.  We're a .500 team without doing anything.  

it's about results.  

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

because the results from Eppler on 1yr deals were for shit.  We were around .500 even with Eppler's moves.  +10 base runs differential.  We're a .500 team without doing anything.  

it's about results.  

Maybe they're a .500 team without making a move, if they're lucky. As you said, it does come down to results and the W-L record last season, which are the only results that count indicate a .500 record from this team is probably the ceiling, rather than a likelihood,

And the results of Quintana and Tanaka, are probably going to yield an 80-85 win team, in likelihood. The Angels would need some things to go right to make the playoffs with that rotation, most specifically a healthy Ohtani and a breakout from Canning. Quintana and Tanaka force the Angels into that gamble because they don't advance the rotation as much as they stabilize it. 

Stability is good. The Angels simply need more than that.