• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Victor Rojas' Play By Play Replacement

Hubs

1 minute ago, ScottT said:

That's absurd

It's not.  He's not calling the game half the time.  And when he does, he's usually behind.  Every game there are at least 50 instances of there already having been several pitches in an at bat, or the ball has been put in play (because you can either hear it or hear the crowd's reaction), and he hasn't said a word about it.

geez - a lot of anti-Terry Smith sentiment here.

and it seems to be most of the posters posting on the subject - many have been following Halos baseball for decades.

So, I guess, when I dare suggest that I actually like Terry Smith somewhat and think he's OK -- I am in the definite very much out - voted minority - perhaps even a minority of ONE.

So I have been an AW poster long enough (20 years now Chuck ?) to know all those AW posters can't be wrong.  So, while I have no real issue with Terry Smith - and enjoy his radio side call of the game -- others have strong opinions otherwise and the Halos management has heard them.   So - looking forward to the new TV pbp person - whoever it is - and I hope it is someone who can be the voice of the Angels for years to come (I thought that was Victor Rojas - who, according to the Vin Scully standard - had another at least 30 to 40 years to go).

Also, I would like to thank the AW posters who certainly disagree (strongly)with my opinion of Terry Smith for posting their difference of opinion in a civil manner. Much appreciated and much needed these days,

4 hours ago, disarcina said:

ahh, LOU - that's harsh -- I mean he's not the quality level of the late Dick Enberg but he's OK.

I guess you would rather have Jose Mota on the pbp ?

But, what do I know, the Angels management apparently agrees with your opinion on this.

He is ok when nothing is going on but seems confused when baseball plays are occurring.

48 minutes ago, eligrba said:

He is ok when nothing is going on but seems confused when baseball plays are occurring.

diplomatically put.

reminds me of a saying my 100% Scottish father-in-law use to say when commenting on someone (often it was about me or some scew up I did) - 'oh well, perhaps he's aware in other areas......'

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Maybe they can borrow someone from another team...

I am willing to go kidnap Duane Kuiper from the Giants if FSW is willing to overlook a potential felony.

Actually, if we're going down the felony route, I suppose I could just kidnap Victor Rojas and voila...

2 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

I am willing to go kidnap Duane Kuiper from the Giants if FSW is willing to overlook a potential felony.

Actually, if we're going down the felony route, I suppose I could just kidnap Victor Rojas and voila...

I was just making a silly joke re: borrow, since the person I replied to said something about Terry Smith being the "loan" voice in the booth.

11 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I was just making a silly joke re: borrow, since the person I replied to said something about Terry Smith being the "loan" voice in the booth.

If you have to explain the joke...