• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Victor Rojas' Play By Play Replacement

Hubs

In the 90's it was difficult to watch the Angels play because most games weren't televised. Then in the 2000's all the games were televised! Now here in the 2020's all the games are televised but apparently no one wants to carry the channel the games are televised on...

This could become a real problem actually.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

In the 90's it was difficult to watch the Angels play because most games weren't televised. Then in the 2000's all the games were televised! Now here in the 2020's all the games are televised but apparently no one wants to carry the channel the games are televised on...

You don't buy advertising for very limited exposure. You don't make money in broadcast rights without those advertising dollars. You would think there would be some action to get these games on as many outlets as possible. 

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You don't buy advertising for very limited exposure. You don't make money in broadcast rights without those advertising dollars. You would think there would be some action to get these games on as many outlets as possible. 

FSN makes most of their money off the carriage fees, which is why they will protect those to the detriment of the advertising revenue.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Sinclair doesn't appear to be winning this battle. They bought the networks for $20 billion and at the time it was reported they netted about $1.9 billion per year. With fewer carriage deals and fewer eyeballs, that number has to be lower now, but by how much? We know content is king so will teams be willing to stay on when nobody can watch?

Here are the team's deals, which I'm guessing are the network's main source of income:

Angels - 20 years, $3 billion - 11 years remaining, it appears they are married to each other for the next decade unless there are clauses allowing for either side to renegotiate. The Angels rely on on the network because there aren't many other avenues to broadcast games. The Lakers channel* and the Dodgers channel are options, but would those networks be interested? Beyond that, there are creative solutions to this, but nothing like what we see happening with major sports teams today. The network relies on the Angels as they provide 6+ months of daily content in addition to "magazine" style shows, pre-game, post-game, and other specials.

Clippers - deal ends next year at ~$50 million per year - The Clippers may be our first test at what happens going forward.

Kings - $21 million per year, ends in 2024

Ducks - $12 million per year, ends in 2024

As it stands, three of Sinclair's deals are expiring soon and with providers not willing to pay, my wild prediction is that they will sell at a loss and the buyer will settle with providers for a reduced fee. This may have an effect on the next Angels media deal, but assuming there were no changes to the original deal and assuming the deal was linear, they're on the hook for 11 more years and $1.65 billion. Perhaps Arte Moreno buys out the network.

In case you couldn't tell, all of the above is based on crappy research and based on uninformed BS.

*I wonder what Spectrum's carriage deal is currently, because they may hold the cards here. If they refuse to pay for Fox Sports, that will leave Sinclair with next to nothing. Then they can swoop in and take the Clippers, Ducks, and Kings, and buyout the Angels broadcast rights.

Edited by the14thjoey

On 2/18/2021 at 7:22 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Get the MLB Season ticket. I live in Wisconsin and I see every Angels game along with all the other games except the Brewers. 

The whole FSN thing is bizarre.  Dish doesn't carry them.

I negotiated a deal with a friend to become part of her hulu group last summer.  Now Hulu doesn't carry FSN.

F it.  I'm not getting a vpn or any of that phony baloney crap.  I'll catch them when they are on espn or fs1.

On 2/18/2021 at 5:22 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

In the 60's, the Angels had a maximum of 10 games televised per season. And that was with Autrey owning the tv station.  Imagine how few games we would had Autry not owned KTLA.

8 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

In the 60's, the Angels had a maximum of 10 games televised per season. And that was with Autrey owning the tv station.  Imagine how few games we would had Autry not owned KTLA.

Back then, that wasn't entirely uncommon, as some of the owners still believed that showing games on TV would dramatically decrease in-person attendance.

6 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I negotiated a deal with a friend to become part of her hulu group last summer.  Now Hulu doesn't carry FSN.

F it.  I'm not getting a vpn or any of that phony baloney crap.  I'll catch them when they are on espn or fs1.

Wait, Hulu Live won't carry FSN anymore? F that.

6 hours ago, yk9001 said:

shake harder the simpsons GIF

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Looks like AT&T TV will be the only streaming service that has FSW.

You should pay attention to your elders.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:26 PM, Blarg said:

Currently only AT&T is carrying the Angels broadcast so I guess it doesn't matter since so few will be able to watch. 

Fucking Frontier, you losers.