• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Victor Rojas' Play By Play Replacement

Hubs

Do we really think Arte has any say over who Fox Sports West puts in the booth?  I suspect he doesn't.  Victor mentioned on Twitter at one point last year that he was an independent contractor paid by FSW, not a direct employee of either FSW or the Angels.  Gubie must be of the same status.

Possibly the radio guys are employees/contractors of Angels Radio Network?  So maybe Arte or the team has a say there.

But on the TV side I would guess Fox Sports makes that decision entirely themselves, no?

50 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Do we really think Arte has any say over who Fox Sports West puts in the booth? 

Of course they do.  Who got rid of Hudler after the pot snafu?

I don't know if Arte is involved.  My guess is he delegates to his college drinking buddy.

Edited by yk9001

21 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

There is zero chance that FSW/Ballys has the say in who the Angels announcers are, over the Angels.

How can this be?  We know from Victor's tweets that FSW pays them.  Do we really think the Angels have some authority over FSW's checkbook?  I don't understand how this could be the case.

1 minute ago, Lazorko Saves said:

How can this be?  We know from Victor's tweets that FSW pays them.  Do we really think the Angels have some authority over FSW's checkbook?  I don't understand how this could be the case.

Taking your line of thinking to its logical extreme, if FSW/Ballys wanted a convicted rapist or murderer to be the PBP guy, then the Angels wouldn't have any say in it.  Do you think that would fly?  The Angels are the product being sold here--so they're going to have a say in who their public face is, even if that person is technically being paid by the broadcast distributor.

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Taking your line of thinking to its logical extreme, if FSW/Ballys wanted a convicted rapist or murderer to be the PBP guy, then the Angels wouldn't have any say in it.  Do you think that would fly?  The Angels are the product being sold here--so they're going to have a say in who their public face is, even if that person is technically being paid by the broadcast distributor.

Mota murders the English language and he's still on the air. 

15 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Taking your line of thinking to its logical extreme, if FSW/Ballys wanted a convicted rapist or murderer to be the PBP guy, then the Angels wouldn't have any say in it.

Wow, you say such crazy things.

The Angels could deny a media credential in your crazy scenario.  OC Register applies for a media credential for Jeff Fletcher to the Angels.  They approve or deny.  He gets into the ballpark only with a credential.

It's technically a veto power the Angels have over the OC Register beat writer, but it doesn't mean Jeff Fletcher was hired or selected by the Angels.  Is it different for FSW for some reason?  I don't know the answer, I am asking, but some of you think it's inconceivable that it works the same as a newspaper guy.

Edited by Lazorko Saves

2 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Wow, you say such crazy things.

The Angels could deny a media credential in your crazy scenario.  OC Register applies for a media credential for Jeff Fletcher to the Angels.  They approve or deny.  He gets into the ballpark only with a credential.

It's technically a veto power the Angels have over the OC Register beat writer, but it doesn't mean Jeff Fletcher was hired or selected by the Angels.  Is it different for FSW for some reason?  I don't know the answer, I am asking, but some of you think it's inconceivable that is works the same as a newspaper guy.

Covering the Angels for a newspaper is fundamentally different from being the lead announcer on a television broadcast.  If you can't see the difference, I'm not sure what else to say.  The Angels don't license rights to a newspaper in exchange for a (large...) fee.  The announcers are the public faces/voices of the team.

Of course I can see the difference, but it is not the point and doesn't answer my question.  Who is the decider on our next PBP guy?  Is it really someone in the Angels organization?  So are they doing the interviewing, and FSW then does contract negotiations?  Or what?

Some have asserted that it is Arte (or some underling).  I am questioning that assumption.  I am merely wondering if it might be more likely that FSW is accepting the resumes, reviewing the candidates, doing the inteviews, and then making the ultimate decision.  Yes, FSW will probably go to Carpino and say "we want this guy, what do you think?"  But that would still really be FSW making the decision, with merely a team veto.

I don't know.  It's just a question.  Don't get all...

tenor.png

Edited by Lazorko Saves