• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trump impeached for the 2nd time

mmc

53 minutes ago, StarWitnessKnees said:

Anyway, how you been Brandon?

Living the dream man. For as shitty as it is for a lot of people and industries, my industry is booming so I'm absurdly busy and like a maniac even started a side gig within the same industry. Just busy and staying away from Covid.

How ya been, man? How's the family?

I've actually spent more time than usual looking at homes in Texas......

21 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Living the dream man. For as shitty as it is for a lot of people and industries, my industry is booming so I'm absurdly busy and like a maniac even started a side gig within the same industry. Just busy and staying away from Covid.

How ya been, man? How's the family?

I've actually spent more time than usual looking at homes in Texas......

Things are good.  There is plenty of stuff to look up in Texas.  I am retiring and looking at some properties to try the house flipping thing.   Have relatives came out here and do well at it. I hate them. 

4 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

What about the last week makes you think that?

Being an antagonistic asshole 24/7/365 eventually turns out to be a bad strategy in the right situation, even if you've been doing it to great success for decades.

That all may be true but doesn’t mean it’s impeachable. They’ll have to prove that he directed people to break into the Capitol and commit the various acts of violence 

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

That all may be true but doesn’t mean it’s impeachable. They’ll have to prove that he directed people to break into the Capitol and commit the various acts of violence 

Don't forget his shake down call to the Secretary of State in George to overturn their election.  They will have to prove that as well. Hopefully for him there isn't a recording. 

4 hours ago, Tank said:

what i heard/read was essentially "let them know how you feel." what i did not read/hear was "let's go to the capitol, bust in, and cause chaos." To me, there's a difference.

the people passionate enough to gather and demonstrate are nutty enough to take matters into their own hands. i think they took the ball and ran with it. i think mob mentality played a big part of them breaking into the capitol and doing what they did. I don't feel like they were encouraged to do exactly that, nor do I believe trump said anything to cause them to pause from doing something aggressive/violent.

pelosi has had a hard-on to work against him at every turn possible. i think she seized this as an opportunity to twist the knife a little bit more. he'll go down forever as the first POTUS to be impeached twice. Okay, so be it. To carry this to a trial after he's out of office is unnecessary and will accomplish nothing substantial (I've heard congress can pass a resolution or something that will prohibit him from every running again for a public office, and I'd be perfectly content if they did that). To carry this on to a trial is a gigantic waste of resources and time, especially during a pandemic where real people are suffering greatly and need governmental help but are getting very little help. This is all theater, and a gigantic load of BS. Nothing is gained by doing this; nothing is lost if they wouldn't have done this.

are you familiar with the Cadaver Synod? There are some similarities to what pelosi is doing to trump. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/morbid-monday-cadaver-synod

This wasn't the first time that Trump's rhetoric has led to violence. The El Paso shooter and the guy from Florida that mailed bombs believed they were acting on the President's behalf.  So I don't want hear him claim ignorance, guy knew what he was doing. 

Trump told the Proud Boys to standby. He's been insinuating since the election that it was stolen from him.  He told everyone to come down on the 6th to "Stop the Steal", and told everyone to march down to the capitol. He did this, he knew what his followers were capable of.