• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trump impeached for the 2nd time

mmc

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

“If you don’t fight like hell you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

Everything is subjective but in the end, he just needs to go away, whatever the result will be. Unfortunately that won’t be happening.

That is a very cliché quote that is used for many things and is very subjective. Baseball players say it after almost every come from behind win. 

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

That is a very cliché quote that is used for many things and is very subjective. Baseball players say it after almost every come from behind win. 

It goes beyond one speech though and it's not just him that was saying it. It's all rhetoric until someone acts on it. It's also his inaction as it was going on. Apparently he couldn't be bothered to take a call from Pence because he was watching it on television. 

According to Ben Sasse, Trump's aides said he was good with it.

Sasse says Trump was 'delighted' and 'excited' by reports of Capitol riot | TheHill
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533403-sasse-says-trump-was-delighted-and-excited-by-reports-of-capitol-riot

23 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

It goes beyond one speech though and it's not just him that was saying it. It's all rhetoric until someone acts on it. It's also his inaction as it was going on. Apparently he couldn't be bothered to take a call from Pence because he was watching it on television. 

According to Ben Sasse, Trump's aides said he was good with it.

Sasse says Trump was 'delighted' and 'excited' by reports of Capitol riot | TheHill
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533403-sasse-says-trump-was-delighted-and-excited-by-reports-of-capitol-riot

I don't think being a dickhead is impeachable though 

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Most all of these arguments, for and against, have been appeals to emotion.  

The only true question is whether his actions are directly responsible for what happened in DC on the 6th.

Everything else is just noise

Ah yes. The ol' ask a question that cannot be answered checkmate.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Ah yes. The ol' ask a question that cannot be answered checkmate.

Dude, I am not even arguing that he couldn't be responsible.   He damn well could. My point is that what he did or didn't do before, whether the dems have been after him all this time, whether he did good or bad in the presidency doesn't matter.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

You're right. Trump is normally a peaceful and tactful guy. It's unfortunate he's being blamed for inciting violence.

8 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Do you not think Trump did anything wrong?

what i heard/read was essentially "let them know how you feel." what i did not read/hear was "let's go to the capitol, bust in, and cause chaos." To me, there's a difference.

the people passionate enough to gather and demonstrate are nutty enough to take matters into their own hands. i think they took the ball and ran with it. i think mob mentality played a big part of them breaking into the capitol and doing what they did. I don't feel like they were encouraged to do exactly that, nor do I believe trump said anything to cause them to pause from doing something aggressive/violent.

pelosi has had a hard-on to work against him at every turn possible. i think she seized this as an opportunity to twist the knife a little bit more. he'll go down forever as the first POTUS to be impeached twice. Okay, so be it. To carry this to a trial after he's out of office is unnecessary and will accomplish nothing substantial (I've heard congress can pass a resolution or something that will prohibit him from every running again for a public office, and I'd be perfectly content if they did that). To carry this on to a trial is a gigantic waste of resources and time, especially during a pandemic where real people are suffering greatly and need governmental help but are getting very little help. This is all theater, and a gigantic load of BS. Nothing is gained by doing this; nothing is lost if they wouldn't have done this.

are you familiar with the Cadaver Synod? There are some similarities to what pelosi is doing to trump. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/morbid-monday-cadaver-synod

23 minutes ago, Tank said:

what i heard/read was essentially "let them know how you feel." what i did not read/hear was "let's go to the capitol, bust in, and cause chaos." To me, there's a difference.

the people passionate enough to gather and demonstrate are nutty enough to take matters into their own hands. i think they took the ball and ran with it. i think mob mentality played a big part of them breaking into the capitol and doing what they did. I don't feel like they were encouraged to do exactly that, nor do I believe trump said anything to cause them to pause from doing something aggressive/violent.

pelosi has had a hard-on to work against him at every turn possible. i think she seized this as an opportunity to twist the knife a little bit more. he'll go down forever as the first POTUS to be impeached twice. Okay, so be it. To carry this to a trial after he's out of office is unnecessary and will accomplish nothing substantial (I've heard congress can pass a resolution or something that will prohibit him from every running again for a public office, and I'd be perfectly content if they did that). To carry this on to a trial is a gigantic waste of resources and time, especially during a pandemic where real people are suffering greatly and need governmental help but are getting very little help. This is all theater, and a gigantic load of BS. Nothing is gained by doing this; nothing is lost if they wouldn't have done this.

are you familiar with the Cadaver Synod? There are some similarities to what pelosi is doing to trump. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/morbid-monday-cadaver-synod

Yeah, I feel bad for ol' Donnie too. Poor guy just did his best to selflessly make American great again only to be thwarted by Pelosi and her big evil tits at every turn. 

47 minutes ago, Tank said:

So I'll put you down in the no column. 

It bothers me that after four years of this shit we still have people viewing Trump as a victim.

He can go on twitter and lie to his base that there was election fraud, that the election was stolen, that America and democracy are threatened and that they need to do something about it and people claim he didn't incite violence.

Five people can die storming the capitol in an effort to circumvent a democratic election and the bipartisan response of impeachment is called bullshit political theater. 

Trump is not a victim, he is not innocent, this is not a deep state conspiracy to hurt his feelings. When Mitch fucking McConnel wont even commit to acquitting a sitting Republican president there is a good chance you've done something wrong.

33 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It bothers me that after four years of this shit we still have people viewing Trump as a victim.

He can go on twitter and lie to his base that there was election fraud, that the election was stolen, that America and democracy are threatened and that they need to do something about it and people claim he didn't incite violence.

Five people can die storming the capitol in an effort to circumvent a democratic election and the bipartisan response of impeachment is called bullshit political theater. 

Trump is not a victim, he is not innocent, this is not a deep state conspiracy to hurt his feelings. When Mitch fucking McConnel wont even commit to acquitting a sitting Republican president there is a good chance you've done something wrong.

Responses like this are why I hate this forum at times.  

❤️ ya, MT!

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Did you see the video Trump posted during the riots, where he continued to perpetuate the lie that the election was stolen and told the insurrections that they are "loved" and "very special"?

Did you catch Trump's tweets after the insurrection, in which he justified the vile mob's activities as being "what happens when people are mistreated"?

But I guess none of that matters because Pelosi.

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yeah, I feel bad for ol' Donnie too. Poor guy just did his best to selflessly make American great again only to be thwarted by Pelosi and her big evil tits at every turn. 

How come they didn’t pass a second stimulus package until after the November election? 

for as crappy as trump is, and he’s exceptionally crappy, she is every bit his equal.

Oh, and Enjoy.

430F59FD-A811-4AF8-AA50-1CD4E25137AF.jpeg

Edited by Tank

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

How come they didn’t pass a second stimulus package until after the November election? 

for as crappy as trump is, and he’s exceptionally crappy, she is every bit his equal.

Oh, and Enjoy.

430F59FD-A811-4AF8-AA50-1CD4E25137AF.jpeg

The House did. Not sure what happened to it after that though.