• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trump impeached for the 2nd time

mmc

42 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Also because it might upset Larry’s Q crew seems like a terrible idea not to do something. 

I like how you try to lump me in with those tin foil nerds to discredit what I say. It’s cute AF. 

Edited by Lhalo

trump is a gigantic blowhole, but the hatred for him by the dems, especially from pelosi, is going to grind him into the ground for as long as they possibly can. this isn't merely about getting him out of office; it's about doing as much damage as possible to his legacy for as long as possible. i think this has been an unnecessary thing to do given the timing of it. nothing is gained by this.

20 minutes ago, Tank said:

trump is a gigantic blowhole, but the hatred for him by the dems, especially from pelosi, is going to grind him into the ground for as long as they possibly can. this isn't merely about getting him out of office; it's about doing as much damage as possible to his legacy for as long as possible. i think this has been an unnecessary thing to do given the timing of it. nothing is gained by this.

Aww poor Trump.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

This the state of politics now. 

8 hours ago, Tank said:

Do you not think Trump did anything wrong?

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

Do you not think Trump did anything wrong?

I can honestly say that I haven’t watched the news for weeks now so most of the info I get is from right here. Crazy shit. With the accusation of inciting insurrection what exactly did he tell his supporters to do that warrants impeachment? From what I gather the impeachment is directly for what happened at the Capitol 

Edited by Jason

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can honestly say that I haven’t watched the news for weeks now so most of the info I get is from right here. Crazy shit. With the accusation of inciting insurrection what exactly did he tell his supporters to do that warrants impeachment? From what I gather the impeachment is directly for what happened at the Capitol 

I dont normally like to post opinion pieces but this is easier than me typing it all out.

Capitol riots: Did Trump's words at rally incite violence? - BBC News
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55640437

There's also the second part of the impeachment dealing with his call to the GA SOS where he is on recording telling him to just find the votes he needs to win the state and say they recalculated.

10 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I dont normally like to post opinion pieces but this is easier than me typing it all out.

There's also the second part of the impeachment dealing with his call to the GA SOS where he is on recording telling him to just find the votes he needs to win the state and say they recalculated.

I hadn't heard that one before. It actually makes more sense than the inciting insurrection part 

14 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

After reading the article i believe telling people to march to the Capitol is not quite the same thing as storm the Capitol and force your way in. I think this part of the impeachment is a stretch. The same could easily be said to other elected officials and what they said prior to cities being looted and burned to the ground this spring and summer. Nobody seemed to care about that at the time. trump has 6 days left and it's time for everyone just to move on as there are more important issues to deal with.   

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I hadn't heard that one before. It actually makes more sense than the inciting insurrection part 

I listened to some of it yesterday. Outside of guys like Gaetz or Jordan not many were really defending Trump. Even Kevin McCarthy the highest ranking Replican in the House blamed Trump but didn't want to move forward with impeachment due to timing. 

7 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I listened to some of it yesterday. Outside of guys like Gaetz or Jordan not many were really defending Trump. Even Kevin McCarthy the highest ranking Replican in the House blamed Trump but didn't want to move forward with impeachment due to timing. 

I think they have to distance themselves from Trump now as his brand is not going to be beneficial to the Republicans moving forward. When it comes to politics nobody is truly loyal to anyone. They are loyal to power. Too bad it isn't the constitution 

Edited by Jason

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I think they have to distance themselves from Trump now as his brand is not going to be beneficial to the Republicans moving forward. When it comes to politics nobody is truly loyal to anyone. They are loyal to power

Maybe but there are more subtle ways to distance yourself than saying this.

“The president bears responsibility for Wednesday’s attack on Congress by mob rioters,” the Bakersfield Republican said during House debate on impeaching the president, the first time he has said publicly that Trump was to blame. “He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding.”

Kevin McCarthy blames Trump for riot, but opposes impeachment - Los Angeles Times
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-01-13/kevin-mccarthy-blames-trump-for-riot-but-opposes-impeachment

Edited by st1ckboy