• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which one would you prefer?

Which would you prefer?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• Bona fide leadoff hitter
    • 12-game winner replacing Blanton

Also, it depends on what you mean by bona-fide lead off hitter.  If I could get a .400 obp guy with gap power and stolen base potential, ala Kenny Lofton in his prime, then I would take that any day of the week.  If you are talking about an Eckstein type of lead off hitter then I am not sure how I would answer that question. 

It shouldn't even be a question: bonafide leadoff hitter, although I suppose it depends what you mean by "bonafide." .330 OBP? .350? .370? .400? Maybe, Yes, Hell Yes, PLEASE GOD!!! would be the answers in that order.

I know people don't like to hear this but Joe Blanton isn't absolutely atrocious. He's gotten better as the season's gone on and has a good chance of being a solid 5th starter for the remainder of the year.

On the other hand, the Angels need someone who gets on base more than average (~.330-.340 OBP). I'm not sure that's Bourjos who, while having a .370 OBP so far this year, is probably more average in that regard.

Pitching. Always pitching.

Switch Trout and Aybar in the lineup and we have our legit lead off hitter.

Those of you wanting Williams seem to forget that he's best in short spurts, and hasn't really shown a season-long consistency of success yet in his career.

You'd have to quantify what a "bonafide" leadoff hitter means since you quantified (12 wins) what the replacement pitcher would bring.

Otherwise, not sure CNN or DrudgeReport will pay attention to this poll.

Edit:  Crap, didn't realize others already said same thing as didn't read responses yet.   So yeah...

Edit #2:  I didn't answer the question so...

In a vacuum not knowing anything else:  I might take the leadoff hitter depending on his numbers, age, and track record

On this team:  ANY !*&@# PITCHER THAT CAN DELIVER 12 WINS AND REPLACE BLANTON;  please