• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquisition that you were 'meh' on that turned out pretty good?

Chuck

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'll start...

David Eckstein, Dylan Bundy, Max Stassi and......

Mike Trout. Honestly, when the Angels drafted him, I thought his swing was weird. I liked Grichuk better, until I saw Trout in Cedar Rapids. Then I knew he was headed for stardom.

David Fletcher too. I had no idea he would make a developmental leap like this from AAA to the majors. 

Many of the answers on here were mine too, although I knew that Bundy had a solid post-ASB in 2019 on cutting back a lot on the HRs allowed and not throwing the heat so much.

The Figgins and Fregosi trades were definitely the most in favor of the Halos in franchise history.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I’ll go Torri Hunter. I was happy we got him, but didn’t expect him to be worth his contract. But he actually became a better hitter once he got here, stayed healthy, and was a great clubhouse guy. He earned every penny of his deal. Along with Vlad, he was probably the best free agent signing the Angels have ever had. 

4 hours ago, T.G. said:

Adam Kennedy...

Yep, especially because of who went the other way (Jim Edmonds).  Kent Bottenfield also went this way in the deal, but pfft....

I was fairly bitter about that whole trade until about the bottom of the 7th of Game 5 of the 2002 ALCS.  I was over it after that point.