• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

42 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dude took forever to get out of the box...  Still more interested in looking good than being good.

Wasn't his attitude/makeup considered one of his strongest points up until last year? Wonder what happened, hopefully adjusts itself with maturity

1 minute ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Wasn't his attitude/makeup considered one of his strongest points up until last year? Wonder what happened, hopefully adjusts itself with maturity

I don't think its make up, he's just self assured and wants to be that guy.  I mean watch Tatis, he poses his swings a lot too... I'm sure he's thinking he is bringing swag to the game ala Tatis.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I don't think its make up, he's just self assured and wants to be that guy.  I mean watch Tatis, he poses his swings a lot too... I'm sure he's thinking he is bringing swag to the game ala Tatis.

In other words, he better start backing it up (by not already striking out 4 times in 2 games for example)

19 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

yep..... I don't care if he's hitting .500 after a month, its the plate discipline that will tell us he's ready.

I'm still not convinced his recognition is all that bad.  It's his contact ability that bothers me.  He swings through a lot of very hittable pitches.  He's gonna have chronic timing issues with the way that swing is right now.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'm still not convinced his recognition is all that bad.  It's his contact ability that bothers me.  He swings through a lot of very hittable pitches.  He's gonna have chronic timing issues with the way that swing is right now.  

Actually, the thing with him is less about pitch recognition and more about having the discipline to take the effing walk or let a ball go.  It all goes back to his confidence.  He thinks he can hit any pitch, elevate any ball, turn on every FB.  That confidence has served him well, and that drive will continue to push him to be better but the dude needs fight the urge to be THE guy and take what he's being given.

He has talent for days and the make up to match, but he's trying to get into the HOF while in the minors...  At least that's how I read his actions.

Accepting what they are giving him will offset those contact issues .... Which is why I say that will be the key.

47 minutes ago, Lou said:

Are there any videos of Adell catching a fly ball?

Saw him catch one tonight on milb.tv. Wasn't fully paying attention to their game. Not the greatest camera and camera angles, but it appeared to be routine and he handled it perfectly fine.

On 5/6/2021 at 9:58 PM, Inside Pitch said:

Been wondering the same thing -- also, seems they are running really really lean given AAA can't even fill out the roster and Barria had to hit for himself...   Because that couldn't result in an injury or anything.

The Angels minor league rosters are indeed very thin right now. It's mainly the position player side that is thin, not so much pitching.

Two reasons why:

1- The Angels injury issues (Stassi, Rendon, Upton was banged up) and recent DFA'ing of players (Schebler, Pujols, Kruger) has left AAA decimated since replacements are being recalled from AAA.

2- Some players in the minors are injured or have gotten injured. (Anthony Bemboom, Kevin Maitan, Gareth Morgan, Luis Aviles Jr, Pedro Diaz, and Jordyn Adams among them.

I'd also add that some replacement players haven't arrived to the new affiliates because they have to fly to and from various places in the middle of a pandemic. That's a big reason why Salt Lake has been shorthanded, as some players just didn't arrive in time for game time.

5 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

is it that or is there a Lack of Catching depth in the Minors?

Thaiss was likely going to catch tonight because of the Angels lack of upper level catching depth.

Stassi is hurt in the majors. Bemboom is hurt. Jack Kruger is in DFA limbo. Francisco Arcia was just signed and Harrison Wenson was called up from High-A.

The Angels position player depth throughout the minors is just thin at the moment.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Actually, the thing with him is less about pitch recognition and more about having the discipline to take the effing walk or let a ball go.  It all goes back to his confidence.  He thinks he can hit any pitch, elevate any ball, turn on every FB.  That confidence has served him well, and that drive will continue to push him to be better but the dude needs fight the urge to be THE guy and take what he's being given.

He has talent for days and the make up to match, but he's trying to get into the HOF while in the minors...  At least that's how I read his actions.

Accepting what they are giving him will offset those contact issues .... Which is why I say that will be the key.

I can totally see what you're saying.  Like he's trying to force his talent on the game.  A five star athlete who's still trying to become a baseball player.  

3 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Wasn't his attitudRight nowe/makeup considered one of his strongest points up until last year? Wonder what happened, hopefully adjusts itself with maturity

Yes, it was. I think it's a case of him knowing he has tools to drool on and believing all the hype. I agree that he needs to knock it off. When he's had a couple of years of success at the Major League level, then it's a different story. Right now it's just magnifying his struggles.

7 hours ago, Trendon said:

The Angels minor league rosters are indeed very thin right now. It's mainly the position player side that is thin, not so much pitching.

Two reasons why:

1- The Angels injury issues (Stassi, Rendon, Upton was banged up) and recent DFA'ing of players (Schebler, Pujols, Kruger) has left AAA decimated since replacements are being recalled from AAA.

2- Some players in the minors are injured or have gotten injured. (Anthony Bemboom, Kevin Maitan, Gareth Morgan, Luis Aviles Jr, Pedro Diaz, and Jordyn Adams among them.

And also Marsh, still getting ready at the alt site