• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

is it just me or are there just a ton of unfamiliar names on all of our minor league rosters?

Been wondering the same thing -- also, seems they are running really really lean given AAA can't even fill out the roster and Barria had to hit for himself...   Because that couldn't result in an injury or anything.

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Been wondering the same thing -- also, seems they are running really really lean given AAA can't even fill out the roster and Barria had to hit for himself...   Because that couldn't result in an injury or anything.

I'm sure there are some travel/quarantine issues the teams have to work around, just like when the bigs intake new players. 
And minor league transportation/facilities are a little more difficult to work with too. It's not like the Bees have a taxi squad.

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

is it just me or are there just a ton of unfamiliar names on all of our minor league rosters?

Just realized the Jake Gatewood in SLC is the same guy the Brewers drafted in the compensation round a while back.  Dude never put it together, never had success at even AA, but he's in SLC.  I know MLB sees a lot of churn and turnover in the minors but I wonder if its like this for every team.  

Meant to post this a couple days ago when the season started but I didn't, because whatever.

Some lesser-known Angels prospects I'm keeping an eye on this year...

Salt Lake
Not much going on here that we don't already know about. 

• Andrew Wantz, RHP
    A well-regard relief prospect, Wantz was successfully converted to the rotation in 2019, pitching very effectively in A+ before struggling at AA. He maintained very strong strikeout rates throughout with 112 in 96 IP. Could climb fast and even wind up in Anaheim before 2021 is out.

Rocket City
Incredibly interesting roster here with a lot of guys that could rocket into the MLB depth charts, especially on the pitching side. 

• Mitch Nay, 1B/3B
    Former first-round pick of the Jays hit a very solid .278/.341/.504/.845 in AA/AAA at age 25 in 2019 with 25 doubles and 17 HR in just under 400 PA.
  • Kyle Tyler, RHP
    Had one of the best seasons for a Halos SP farmhand in recent memory in  '19; 122 IP, a glistening 2.59 ERA, .196 BAA, 106 K, 39 BB. Handled Cal League just fine after a late season promotion. 
  • Michael Stefanic, IF
    We might have David Fletcher 2.0 here, slashed .282/.358/.364/.722 in 2019 across A/A+ with 30 BB to 47 K, very solid defense across the infield. 
  • Connor Higgins, LHP
    Higgins got some BA love mentioned above; finished the 2019 season really strong, with 27 K in 21 innings, a 1.29 ERA and a .130 BAA.
  • Hansel Rodriguez, RHP
    Originally signed as a teen by the Minasian-era Blue Jays and as a minor league FA by the Angels this winter. In 2019 for the Padres, had a 0.95 WHIP and 2.35 ERA in 30.2 IP with 0 HR allowed, 22 hits, and 7 BB to 40 K.
  • Cooper Criswell, RHP
    6'6" RHP's line looked fairly average in his lone pro season in '19 (25 G/117.1 IP), but in the middle of the season he had a nice prolonged 12 G/60 IP run in the middle that included a 3.15 ERA, 14 BB to 65 K, and only 2 HR allowed. 

Tri-City

• Cristopher Molina, RHP
    Molina led the entire Angels org (even MLB) in 2019 with 129 IP with a 3.63 ERA and 112 K. He's likely just an org arm, but consistent success could have him in the mix.
  • Robinson Pina, RHP
    Pitching in a league with competition nearly two years his senior, Pina finished the season with 108 IP and 146 K to go with a 3.83 ERA.

Inland Empire

• Jeremy Arocho, IF
    Originally in the Dodgers system, this former Pioneer League Midseason All-Star is a switch-hitting 22 year old with a career .289/.387/.368/.755 slash with 30 XBH, 76 BB, 89 K, and 32 SB in 146 minor league games. A very capable Leonardo Rivas-type replacement for system depth.

20 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Just realized the Jake Gatewood in SLC is the same guy the Brewers drafted in the compensation round a while back.  Dude never put it together, never had success at even AA, but he's in SLC.  I know MLB sees a lot of churn and turnover in the minors but I wonder if its like this for every team.  

I think he started at Tri-City but was promoted due to all of yesterday's roster shuffling...