• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

He'll be fine. I honestly look forward to the time when we can look back and say, "Remember when we were worried that Adell was a bust?"

As I've said, the only different now from a year ago is that we've had to temper our expectations that he would be an insta-phenom. Before he was called up last year, we probably all hoped that he would be bordering on stardom by now. That will come, but just not for awhile.

That said, I do think we'll see him this year and that he'll look much improved. But he won't be an insta-star. It will take him two or three years to find his groove. I could see something like this:

2021: 40 games, .230/.290/.440, 8 HR, 1.0 WAR

2022: 130 games, .250/.320/.500, 30 HR, 3.5 WAR

2023: 150 games, .265/.330/.530, 35 HR, 4.5 WAR

2024: 155 games, .280/.350/.550, 38 HR, 5.5 WAR

Or something like that, with him reaching his peak form by around 2024.

My Marsh prediction would be something like:

2021: 60 games, .270/.330/.420, 8 HR, 1.5 WAR

2022: 130 games, .290/.350/.450, 20 HR, 4.0 WAR

2023: 150 games, .300/.380/.490, 25 HR, 5.5 WAR

Edited by Angelsjunky

1 minute ago, ScottT said:

It's not almost like nobody has heard that before.

It should probably said on a loop.

There will likely be a ton of wonky low A numbers early on.  It's neat, but its mostly noise.  All the guys making full season debuts are probably driving a lot of those numbers up.

12 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Results are noteworthy.

Or else this thread is pointless 

Sometimes results are meaningless.

Nobody is telling you not to talk up the noise, but this is a discussion board and the merit of those results are worthy of discussion.

Lighten up