Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! We're Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

  • AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread


Recommended Posts

I suppose the next question would be, where the heck Maitan is. I don't see him on any roster. Either he's...

1. Injured (Most likely)

2. Staying in Arizona to figure out how to hit a baseball again. (Likely)

3. Staying in Arizona and being converted to pitcher. (Unlikely)

4. He's retired, been released or traded (highly unlikely). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So do many of us here at Angelswin.

https://www.mlb.com/video/chris-rodriguez-on-rookie-program

The Angels certainly seemed to avoid high school arms in the first couple of rounds during the Eppler era.   There are two areas of 'fools gold', if you will, when picking outside of the top 5 or

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

I suppose the next question would be, where the heck Maitan is. I don't see him on any roster. Either he's...

1. Injured (Most likely)

2. Staying in Arizona to figure out how to hit a baseball again. (Likely)

3. Staying in Arizona and being converted to pitcher. (Unlikely)

4. He's retired, been released or traded (highly unlikely). 

Kevin Maitan is hurt.

From MLB.com: "Unfortunately, he’s already behind a bit this year, arriving to Spring Training with a finger issue, so he won’t be able to head out right away, but the Angels are hoping to get him healthy and rolling once he’s able."

https://www.mlb.com/news/angels-minor-league-spring-training-report

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Kevin Maitan is hurt.

From MLB.com: "Unfortunately, he’s already behind a bit this year, arriving to Spring Training with a finger issue, so he won’t be able to head out right away, but the Angels are hoping to get him healthy and rolling once he’s able."

https://www.mlb.com/news/angels-minor-league-spring-training-report

Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that rankings are to be taken with a grain of salt and more entertainment than anything else.  Also, the Angels have a lot of very young guys that haven't had the chance to make their mark nationally due to the shut-downs.  But dang, i have to admit that it's incredibly disappointing that our farm system is so average (at best).  Sure trading MLers like the Ms did is the quick way to rebuild and restock a farm system.  But it can still be down while not fully going to tear down route (SF, Toronto, Twins, Clev, ATL, LAD, etc.).  Several years of rebuilding the farm system and what Eppler gave us is just meh.  Ultimately, the story of these guys are to be written and how they do the next 5-15 years will determine the quality of the current Angels farm.  But just in general, it's a kick in the nuts seeing what we have compared to others and knowing the main plan the past 4-5 years was Eppler to rebuild the farm system.  Certainly it wasn't 100% on winning at the big level.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The main thing is that it has improved and there are quite a few under the radar younger guys with upside. For instance, Jose Bonilla. Evidently he has a bat and it’s nice to see him start in A ball rather than Rookie, which implies that he’s somewhat advanced for his age (just turned 19). 
 

On the other hand, it isn’t quite “deep” yet, or rather it’s depth is somewhat narrow. But hopefully Minasian will continue with the work that Eppler started, although may be limited by Arte’s seeming disinterest in international scouting.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Anyone else notice that Jack Kruger is the only catcher on the Bees Opening Day roster, aside from Ward? 

Seems to indicate that Ward is definitely going to start accruing some regular playing time behind the dish.

I think it's the right play. Ward's bat plays up. And we already know he can capably play LF, RF, 1B. He can play 3B too for a non-extended period of time. If they can bring him back up to speed at catcher, then the Angels have a very valuable weapon. 

Ward could pinch hit, pinch run, serve as a late inning defensive replacement in the corner outfield and be a valuable third catcher. If there's an injury to Suzuki or Stassi, they don't need to worry about promoting a catcher. They can use Ward and promote another player that fits the roster better. Another reliever or a generative or a defensive specialist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

The main thing is that it has improved and there are quite a few under the radar younger guys with upside. For instance, Jose Bonilla. Evidently he has a bat and it’s nice to see him start in A ball rather than Rookie, which implies that he’s somewhat advanced for his age (just turned 19). 
 

On the other hand, it isn’t quite “deep” yet, or rather it’s depth is somewhat narrow. But hopefully Minasian will continue with the work that Eppler started, although may be limited by Arte’s seeming disinterest in international scouting.

confused error GIF by Squirrel Monkey

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HaloSpurs said:

Is it just me or is this the weakest AA lineup I can remember for a long while?  Is there anyone there (bar Detmers) we can really expect much from? 

Martinez and Hunter Jr. are the only two names I know. 

You're right. That's a pretty weak lineup. For Detmers sake let's hope they at least play good defense behind him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Martinez and Hunter Jr. are the only two names I know. 

You're right. That's a pretty weak lineup. For Detmers sake let's hope they at least play good defense behind him. 

Orlando Martinez is a good hitter, worth watching.  Possible 4th outfielder.  Anthony Mulrine's a pretty solid catcher too.  Not anyone that you find on a top prospect list, but could be a useful cog someday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...