• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Who is Fernando Guanare?

That guy was just signed in January.... He was supposedly passed over in the previous signing season and if his height and weight are real, he either had a growth spurt at 17/18 or he's legit the skinniest player in the system.

This is like the 5th time this season I've asked myself the same question, and we're minor league nerds.

Go back in this thread a ways and in other threads and a lot of people soured on Jo Adell. He will never be a MLB player, should have traded him a year ago, can't hit MLB pitching... 

I don't see those post over the last couple weeks and here the reason. The last 11 games Adell is hitting .325/.372/.550/.922. 

Every step of his minor league career it was a wait for him to adapt and then his bat took off. But last year Jo and every other minor leaguer was cheated out of a season, his triple A season he really needed to develop major league skills and it showed last year in his brief call up.

What you are seeing now is what he was going to develop into eventually given the time in the field. Will he be hitting that slash line the rest of the year? Doubtful. But he is showing he can play at that level in this league and more than likely he breaks camp next season on the MLB team. 

56 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

That guy was just signed in January.... He was supposedly passed over in the previous signing season and if his height and weight are real, he either had a growth spurt at 17/18 or he's legit the skinniest player in the system.

This is like the 5th time this season I've asked myself the same question, and we're minor league nerds.

I think it might be a good sign that he is already stateside, having just signed in January.  

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

They also show him as having walked one guy.  One in 46 innings.  That can't be right.  

1 hour ago, mmc said:

What prospect would you guys say has disappointed you the most this season?  Please don't say someone who has been injured for most of the season, I'm talking purely based on production.

Jordyn Adams for sure.  He has had some injuries, but he's been brutal at the plate  when he puts the ball in play.  He just doesn't make hard contact unless hes the most unlucky player in all of professional baseball.  And for all the raving about his defense, he's got 8 OF errors in 57 games.  He had 13 in 90 games in 2019 and I sorta figured it was him just getting his sea legs to some degree but damn.  

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Go back in this thread a ways and in other threads and a lot of people soured on Jo Adell. He will never be a MLB player, should have traded him a year ago, can't hit MLB pitching... 

I don't see those post over the last couple weeks and here the reason. The last 11 games Adell is hitting .325/.372/.550/.922. 

Every step of his minor league career it was a wait for him to adapt and then his bat took off. But last year Jo and every other minor leaguer was cheated out of a season, his triple A season he really needed to develop major league skills and it showed last year in his brief call up.

What you are seeing now is what he was going to develop into eventually given the time in the field. Will he be hitting that slash line the rest of the year? Doubtful. But he is showing he can play at that level in this league and more than likely he breaks camp next season on the MLB team. 

Fantastic post.  

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And the same applies to Jordyn Adams too.

He’s still only what, 21?  Isn’t that at or below average age for A+ ball?

Let’s see how he does in 2022.

apples and oranges.  Adell is 6 months older than Adams.  I agree about taking a wait and see approach but history is not on Adam's side.  

Official: Cuban OF Anthony Bruno Scull (17) is signed by the . Bonus deal was set at $ 235.000. Scull left Cuba on March 2021. Great swing and contact, 6.4 at 60 yards. His father is Antonio Scull (3 times Olympic medallist with Cuba’s baseball team.

Source: Cuban RHP Jorge Marcheco (19) was also signed this afternoon by the Angels. The bonus deal was set at $ 350 k. Marcheco has a 93 mph fastball, curve, changeup and slider. He was on the Cuba U-15 team in 2017 and was the interest of several MLB teams.

5 hours ago, mmc said:

What prospect would you guys say has disappointed you the most this season?  Please don't say someone who has been injured for most of the season, I'm talking purely based on production.

Jordan Adams and Knowles.  I was thinking Knowles would rebound but I may be guilty of expecting too much after the long layoff.  

54 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Wow Silseth is the first member of the 2021 draft class to make it to Double-A Rocket City

More surprised to see Houston Harding also going there.   

Harding was a UFA this last college season from Mississippi State.  Not sure what his story is other than he was a smallish LHP, but he was one of their best arms on their run to the national championship.

Well let’s see if Silseth and Harding actually are going there to stay there, or just to cover for a spot as all these promotions play out. There’s still some domino effects happening because of Warren, Detmers, and Marte hitting the COVID-list and a bunch of guys shuffling around.

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

apples and oranges.  Adell is 6 months older than Adams.  I agree about taking a wait and see approach but history is not on Adam's side.  

Like Adell, he was cheated out of a year of development. Even more so not being part of the taxi squad. A whole year of letting the rust develop and skills fade. I have decided this is simply a make up test for school missed. Next season he has fewer excuses but this year he gets an exemption from too much criticism.