• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

4 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I was a little worried the Angels were going to try him out as a starter. I completely agree with you on this. On a side not, I am extremely annoyed that the Dust Devils don't have any video feed of their home games.

first thing I did when you mentioned Ky Bush was to go look up the feed.  Then sadness.  So dumb.  You don't even need some big production process.  Just put up a digital scoreboard with a radar gun reading and pay some guy with about 5k worth of equipment to do it.  You don't even need a broadcast crew.  Cheap bastards.  

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

first thing I did when you mentioned Ky Bush was to go look up the feed.  Then sadness.  So dumb.  You don't even need some big production process.  Just put up a digital scoreboard with a radar gun reading and pay some guy with about 5k worth of equipment to do it.  You don't even need a broadcast crew.  Cheap bastards.  

I really hope that there is a big picture vision for MILB following the consolidation of teams this past year. 

If they can do things like give minor league teams - all of them - streaming video feeds, better online coverage, stronger apps like Gameday, they could increase interest in the sport's lower levels, especially regionally, but only if they have an actual plan. Might not see those efforts for years, and it might take years to get everything going, but I hope it's the case. Could lead to better minor league facilities and perhaps even minor league player treatment too if the product has more focus on it and its' entertainment value.

. roster moves 8/25: INF Kyren Paris, INF Braxton Martinez transferred to High-A Tri-City. C Carlos Reina transferred to Arizona Complex. RHP Justin Courtney released by LAA. C Edgar Quero, OF Alexander Ramirez, INF Arol Vera transferred from Arizona Complex.

I'm as excited for Soto in AA and Davis in AAA as I am the moves for IE and Tri-City. I have a real good feeling about Davis. And Soto could be our plus-plus defensive UT IF as early as next season - his defense is that good now - and while his offensive numbers aren't much this year, he took some rather large steps forward increasing his power and aggressiveness. He needs to fine-tune the latter - he didn't swing enough before, swings too much now - but there's indications he's developing.

14 minutes ago, John Smith said:
. roster moves 8/25: INF Kyren Paris, INF Braxton Martinez transferred to High-A Tri-City. C Carlos Reina transferred to Arizona Complex. RHP Justin Courtney released by LAA. C Edgar Quero, OF Alexander Ramirez, INF Arol Vera transferred from Arizona Complex.

14 minutes ago, John Smith said:
Replying to
counter moves here: Livan Soto is headed for AA Rocket City, Brendon Davis is headed for AAA Salt Lake

Hell yea. These are all very exciting promotions!

3 hours ago, John Smith said:

3 hours ago, John Smith said:
Replying to
counter moves here: Livan Soto is headed for AA Rocket City, Brendon Davis is headed for AAA Salt Lake

Really glad to see all of these. Past time for Braxton.

12 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Davis Daniel got out of a bases loaded jam in the 1st, throwing more than 30 pitches and allowing one run to score. He only allowed one runner the rest of his start through 5 innings:

5.0 IP  4 H  1 R (earned)  1 BB  7 SO  79 pitches (57 strikes)

Of the pitching prospects after the guys who have already made the majors, I think Daniel is mostly likely to earn starts in the major league rotation. Bachman and Bush, too, but they're a little bit behind.

Guys like Tyler, Criswell, Diaz, Hernandez, and Pina will either end up in the bullpen or as minor league depth ala Barria. I think Seminaris and Marceaux, as well.

13 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Of the pitching prospects after the guys who have already made the majors, I think Daniel is mostly likely to earn starts in the major league rotation. Bachman and Bush, too, but they're a little bit behind.

Guys like Tyler, Criswell, Diaz, Hernandez, and Pina will either end up in the bullpen or as minor league depth ala Barria. I think Seminaris and Marceaux, as well.

I am unreasonably holding out hope that Criswell becomes a solid backend starter once he's given a shot. I thought he was going to hit a wall once he reached Triple-A but his numbers are still really solid.

4 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I am unreasonably holding out hope that Criswell becomes a solid backend starter once he's given a shot. I thought he was going to hit a wall once he reached Triple-A but his numbers are still really solid.

Yeah, me too. But we're surprisingly at a point where that won't make the rotation but will earn him a spot as depth, or maybe long relief. All the other guys, except Barria, have a good chance of being a #3-4, a few even better. Maybe Daniel, Bachman, and Bush as well. Criswell, Tyler, etc, are on the outside looking in, but it is very nice to have them as fall-back options.

u_9kiDDZ_x96.jpg

#Angels are expected to sign Nelson Rada(Pipeline #29 international prospect) and Randy De Jesus(Pipeline #38 international prospect) during the next international signing period Per
@MLBPipeline new Top 50 International Prospects list