• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

super curious to see what Lucas Torres does.  He showed up a few times on the mlb combine leader board.  My guess is that when he makes contact it will be pretty impressive but the question is whether that will happen often enough.  

BTW, not sure if it was ever broken down here but the halos UDFA mix:

8 Catchers - a couple had slashed for another position but I'll count them here
4 OFers
4 pitchers.  Two LHP and two RHP
5 Infielders.  1 SS, 1 1bman and 3 3bmen.  
One two way player in Kenyon Yovan from oregon who the Halos drafted in the 27th round in 2019 and he didn't sign.  He's only gotten reps as an IFer so far and hasn't been on the bump but had some good stats in college both ways.  They have him in high A tri cities already and he's got a .942 ops through his first 17 games with 8 xbh in 66 PA.  Mostly at 1b.  One game at 3b.  

watched a bit of the 66ers tonight

Van Scoyoc had one of his best outings according to the broadcaster.  Just a reminder that he's a 6'6" RHer that was an 11th round pick out of HS in 2018 so he's 21 in A ball and just came off of TJ I think.  Lots of swing and miss.  Fastball touched 97 with really good arm side movement.  Slow and deliberate delivery.  I would give the fastball a 55-60 grade.  It could be higher if he learns to command it.  It was up in the zone a bit and not in a good way.  But it didn't get hit hard because of the movement.  The breaking ball is an absolute plus pitch.  Maybe a 65 to 70 grade when he threw it right and I say that because he left it up several times but when he threw it right, it was unhittable.  He threw strikes but without much command.  Showed a lot of promise.  Didn't see a third pitch.  Looked like a back end reliever to me.  

Emilker Guzman - been waiting to watch him as he's having a good year.  very funky delivery.  Tough to describe.  Quick but high leg kick.  Separates the ball from the glove very early.  Will pause and tap his foot or quick pitch.  The kind of guy who pisses hitters off but keeps them off balance.  Didn't get a velo but it looked like about 93/94.  Slider is a good pitch.  Also show a good change.  Kind of gimmicky with his delivery but effective.  

Carson Matthews - 2b.  Listed at 5'10" but looks about 5'7" tops.  Made a great diving stop.   David fletcher wanna be maybe.  

Gabe Matthews has a nice swing and just looks like a ball player.  

The thing I find particularly interesting about Bachman is the way his fastball plays as a "heavy" ball despite it's velocity. Typically, the harder a pitcher throws, the more the ball jumps off the bat of squared up. If not squared, you see a lot of ricochet foul balls into the strands. 

With Bachman, it's like they're hitting a lead ball coming in at 97 with serious tailing action. 

Also of note is the manner in which he reaches the upper 90's. Most guys with his arm slot don't reach back and fire it that hard. In fact I'm not sure I've ever seen one like him specifically before. It's certainly not an arm motion you see frequently taught. 

58 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The thing I find particularly interesting about Bachman is the way his fastball plays as a "heavy" ball despite it's velocity. Typically, the harder a pitcher throws, the more the ball jumps off the bat of squared up. If not squared, you see a lot of ricochet foul balls into the strands. 

With Bachman, it's like they're hitting a lead ball coming in at 97 with serious tailing action. 

Also of note is the manner in which he reaches the upper 90's. Most guys with his arm slot don't reach back and fire it that hard. In fact I'm not sure I've ever seen one like him specifically before. It's certainly not an arm motion you see frequently taught. 

Edit: Now that I think on it, Roger Clemens ball players in very much the same way. 

Is Vera just about ready for A ball and Paris just about ready for A+ ball?

If both reach their full position in 3 years, which one could move over to 3B?

Vera due to being 6-2 vs Paris’ 6 feet?  Plus Vera seems to have more power potential of the two?

Edited by Angel Oracle