• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

On 8/8/2021 at 8:07 AM, Inside Pitch said:

My guess is few people outside of Anaheim realize they have completely turned over their rotation in season...

This is what needed to happen but they never had any organizational depth through poor drafts and trades and were hoping all of the sore arms in Heaney, Skaggs, Richards and Shoemaker would create some sort of a nucleus that would forego having to dumspter dive for three starting pitchers each year. 

Now you see we can put Ohtani, Barria, Sandoval, Detmers even Suarez into the rotation with Canning and not have to spend money on higher risk/reward pitching. All they really need to do is pen Cobb to a 2/3 year contract and they still have a Salt Lake shuttle for those pitchers with more options than permanent rotation upside and the 2022 season is much more stable than before.

Of course, on paper which had turned out to be used toilet paper the last 10 seasons but I figure, why not go into the next season with some glimmer of positivity.

MLB has updated there top 100 and top 30 lists, 3 of our guys on the top 100.

Detmers (24)

Marsh (43)

Bachman (96)

https://www.mlb.com/prospects

A little surprise the Paris didn't make the list. His numbers and age are quite similar to a few guys in the bottom 100. 

Top 30 also had a huge change! System looks alot better now than early in the year. 

Criswell and Ryan Smith both are viewed as number 5 in the system. Not great, but provides depth.

Hidalgo and Quero are catching peoples eyes, ranked in the top 20

Livan Soto was a surprise, made a big jump to number 13. 

7 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

MLB has updated there top 100 and top 30 lists, 3 of our guys on the top 100.

Detmers (24)

Marsh (43)

Bachman (96)

https://www.mlb.com/prospects

A little surprise the Paris didn't make the list. His numbers and age are quite similar to a few guys in the bottom 100. 

Top 30 also had a huge change! System looks alot better now than early in the year. 

Criswell and Ryan Smith both are viewed as number 5 in the system. Not great, but provides depth.

Hidalgo and Quero are catching peoples eyes, ranked in the top 20

Livan Soto was a surprise, made a big jump to number 13. 

Watchyou talkinbout, Willis?

Criswell is #29, Smith @28. 

Anyhow, the surprise for me in that update are Mason Albright at #17 and Kristin Munroe at #26. I don't think any of the Prospect Posse even mentioned Munroe.

I'm not opposed to Albright bring ranked higher, the fact that I didn't tank him as highly had nothing to do with him and everything to do with prep prospects in general. 

With collegiate draft picks, there's a standard of play that we can compare them to. The PAC-12 and SEC are generally comparable to A Ball or High A, most D2 schools and smaller conferences are around a higher rookie league and A Ball. There's better quality video so we can get a peak at how they look there. 

Whereas with high school picks, let's just come out and say it, the level of play in Vermont isn't the level of play in California, Texas, Florida and Georgia. Scouting teams, area code games and perfect game have helped bridge that gap a bit, but there's still a ton of prep stars that don't get invited to those. Elite talent is elite no matter where it comes from, but the predominant difference is that New Jersey might have one first rounder and a couple college kids, whereas a large chuck of players in California are capable of playing beyond high school. But the cream still rises to the top, no matter what. 

So guys like Brett Kerry, and Landon Marceaux, I had no problem tanning higher than Albright. I'd rather be late to the party on a prospect than at the completely wrong gathering. The only exceptions I make are for prep players that either go in the first couple rounds, or that I've been fed some information on. The last two that I got a good word on were Jack Kochanowicz and Kyren Paris.