• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

As mentioned, Bachman was 96-97 with the fastball and a slider up to 90.  Lots of strikes.  5 swings and misses in 2 innings.  18 of 24 pitches were strikes.  Throws the breaking pitch for strikes consistently.  Doesn't spot the fastball well yet but that's expected for his first outing.  Got away with it because of velo.  Fastball is heavy when down.  Arm side movement.  Left a few up.  When he learns to actually elevate purposefully, that fastball is gonna be very very effective.  I get a Shoemaker vibe from him but obviously he's got way better stuff.  Kind of a short arm delivery.  Gets on guys quickly.  Don't think we saw a third pitch.  He works very quickly.  No f'n around.  

I missed today's game but I figured I would ask on this thread rather than the gameday one because I am sure the takes here will be less reactionary since a lot of you guys have been following since he was drafted. How was Reid Detmers today? Looks like he struggled mightily but settled down nicely. 

5 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I missed today's game but I figured I would ask on this thread rather than the gameday one because I am sure the takes here will be less reactionary since a lot of you guys have been following since he was drafted. How was Reid Detmers today? Looks like he struggled mightily but settled down nicely. 

had his moments.  the atrocious defense let him down on several occasions.  When he threw the ball like the guy we've seen in the minors all year, he was great.  but there were times where the slider and curve were left up.  He's gonna give up a few hrs his first couple years because of his propensity to want to throw strikes.  But he missed location a bunch today like his last outing.  I would say he's getting his sea legs and he's gonna learn very quickly you can't just throw strike but you have to throw quality strikes on every pitch.  Or throw quality not strikes.  He belong in the majors but isn't gonna throw out a sub 3 era any time soon.  He will when he's 25 but for the time being, he's gonna go through the major league learning curve.  

Jake Smith followed Bachman tonight in A+.  6'4 skinny RHer was the halos 6th round pick this year.  

94-95 with a very good fastball.  Nerves in the first.  Strikes with the FB and curve in the 2nd.  Not sure if it was purposeful, but I saw a bit of cut on the FB both to the glove side and arm side.  Fastball seemed to get on hitters quick.  Curve has some sharp break both vert and horz and what I would call plus.  In fact, it broke so much that when it came out and started as if it were going to be in the zone it ended up in the LHed batters box a few times.  Will be interesting to see how that pitch develops and whether they turn it into both a curve and slider.  Where he starts to throw it a bit more firmly in certain situation with a little less break.  

Linginfelter - 6'5" RHer was the 9th rounder in 2019 out of Tennessee.  

94/95 with the fastball and 88 with a fairly sharp slider but obvious control issues.  Misses bats when he finds the plate.  But the classic A+ reliever where they're hoping he finds it.  66k in 59.1ip but 41 walks.  When he misses it's by a lot.  

Ivan Armstrong closed out the 9th for tri cities.  Acquired for Watson.  6'5" 250lb rher.  Every bit of 250.  Uniform looked a bit snug on him and not necessarily in a good way.  Fastball was 95 and around the zone.  Tried to throw a couple sliders which were nowhere close.  But located the FB at the knees well enough for now to get a couple k's.  Did I mention he's a very large man?