• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Jose Marte finished the game for the RCTP tonight.  A scoreless inning with two k's.  Throwing 99mph with movement.  Big guy who's listed at 180 lbs but if he's 180 then I'm 130.  I'm not 130.  He's probably 220+.  If he's suddenly found the ability to throw strike after being converted to a reliever then he's gonna be in our pen next year for sure.  Oh and the slider was pretty good.  

I’m leaving this post here because I know a lot of the regulars in this thread follow the minors regularly for the most part. How are we feeling about the Reid Detmers call-up? Do you guys think he’s ready or do you think it’s a mistake a la Jo Adell and would rather see him make the roster out of spring next season? I’m a little nervous heading into today’s start not so much for him but for how everyone else will react if it isn’t the performance we are hoping for/know he can get. 

3 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I’m leaving this post here because I know a lot of the regulars in this thread follow the minors regularly for the most part. How are we feeling about the Reid Detmers call-up? Do you guys think he’s ready or do you think it’s a mistake a la Jo Adell and would rather see him make the roster out of spring next season? I’m a little nervous heading into today’s start not so much for him but for how everyone else will react if it isn’t the performance we are hoping for/know he can get. 

I think he's ready, but also except some bumps. If he gives up three runs in the 1st, it is important that Maddon sticks with him, gives him a chance to right the ship. And if he gets bombed in this start, give him another and another after that. 

I don't think anyone, even the most unreasonable of us, expect him to be an insta-ace. But he's far more ready than Adell was last year, imo.

Detmers is ready. It isn't necessarily that he has nothing to learn in the minors, there always something to learn. But the conditions in Salt Lake won't really mirror those in the major leagues, today likely being the exception because the ball tends to carry on warmer days in So Cal, and it'll be warm today. 

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

A pitcher is ready when he is making people miss and can control the zone.  Detmers is more ready than CRod was/is.

10 hours ago, Hells Rainbow said:

Do any of the four minor leaguers we just acquired have to be added to the 40 man next season?

Junk and Marte were already R5 eligible this past winter, so they will be. I believe Peguero *might* be eligible, and Armstrong is likely too far off to be claimed or to be eligible yet. Selman is obviously already on the 40.

6 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I think he's ready, but also except some bumps. If he gives up three runs in the 1st, it is important that Maddon sticks with him, gives him a chance to right the ship. And if he gets bombed in this start, give him another and another after that. 

I don't think anyone, even the most unreasonable of us, expect him to be an insta-ace. But he's far more ready than Adell was last year, imo.

Absolutely agree with this.

22 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Whats the timetable on Adell? Is he likely to be up next year, or maybe starting the year in the minors again?

And for those of you following closely, what improvements has he made this season?

There are people here who can speak way more on it than I can but just from reading this board and some other notes, seems like he's fixed a couple hitches in his swing and as the season has gone on, has lowered his K rate...not sure how accurate that is but I am getting antsy about wanting to see him on the Angels. I'm sick of seeing Upton out there. Bring up Adell and give him a shot along with Marsh. 

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Whats the timetable on Adell? Is he likely to be up next year, or maybe starting the year in the minors again?

And for those of you following closely, what improvements has he made this season?

That's the million dollar question at the moment. Adell has visibly improved this year. He started off hot, went ice cold for a long stretch and has since made adjustments that are paying dividends. He's more locked in, relaxed, comfortable.  

In the field, he's not making amazing plays or anything, but the fact that he isn't making embarrassing blunders every night is progression. He's making the routine plays now. As time goes on, he should eventually be an acceptable defender. 

Now as to when that call is coming, I don't know. It's already obvious that Marsh looks way better than Adell did. He's making solid contact, works walks, and can chase balls down. Maddon already showed he'll bench Upton if he doesn't perform, but particularly once Trout returns, there will be a lot of options and limited opportunity. 

My guess is, they'll bring him up in September, once they're out of the race to get some MLB at bats. If Adell isn't traded over the winter, then I expect he'll be back in AAA again next year, but given that it's the final year of Upton's contract, he won't have a long leash. Plus injuries tend to happen so Jo will be up continually throughout 2022. And he'll show enough in those cameos that LF will be his is 2023 and beyond. 

Edited by Second Base