• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

37 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

first I looked at was BOS.  Dalbeck and Marwin Gonzalez suck.  So yeah.  there's at least one.  

Nope.

Dalbeck is a first baseman.  He's never played a game in the OF.

Gonzalez. As we know, he can play multiple positions but has only had 9 starts in the OF this year.

Jarren Durran is their 4th outfielder right now. 24 year old CF'er out of LB State. 15 HR's in AAA this year before being called up. The Red Sox would not trade Durran for Ward straight up so why would Ward be an option in Boston?

3 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Nope.

Dalbeck is a first baseman.  He's never played a game in the OF.

Gonzalez. He can play multiple positions but has only had 9 starts in the OF this year.

Jarren Durran is their 4th outfielder right now. 24 year old CF'er out of LB State. 15 HR's in AAA this year before being called up. The Red Sox would not trade Durran for Ward straight up so why would Ward be an option in Boston?

Schwarber to first now for them but Ward could have played some first vs. Lefties. 

CWS could use some OF depth.  MIL probably.  SFG - Alex Dickerson has turned into a pumpkin.  Every one of their OF's is LHed.  

He's got an .845 ops vs. LHers this year.  And a 100 ops+ overall.  Right now he's a league avg hitter who can play multiple positions.  

you might not like him but he's not horrible.  Just what he is.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Schwarber to first now for them but Ward could have played some first vs. Lefties. 

CWS could use some OF depth.  MIL probably.  SFG - Alex Dickerson has turned into a pumpkin.  Every one of their OF's is LHed.  

He's got an .845 ops vs. LHers this year.  And a 100 ops+ overall.  Right now he's a league avg hitter who can play multiple positions.  

you might not like him but he's not horrible.  Just what he is.  

I have always rooted for Taylor Ward and at this point I hope we can get something, anything, for him in a trade. I just don't see a future for him here. He's our #7 outfielder and if he's still with the team next year he'll most likely be a 28 year old MiLB player or DFA'd.

1 hour ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Is there a true contending roster where the addition of Ward, even as a 4th outfielder, makes them better?

It's not necessarily about a contender. More likely, he'd be part of a package to a non-contending team for a reliever or something. Like if Pittsburgh was trading Richard Rodriguez to the Angels, Taylor Ward could theoretically be one of the players headed their direction. 

For a non-contending team, Ward does offer some value. They can move him around the diamond, he's a former first round pick, has done power and asked, he's shown he can hit some at the major league level and can definitely hit in AAA. He might develop into a useful everyday player with regular playing time. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Nope.

Again.

Schwarber has played one game at 1B for zero innings his entire career. Taylor Ward has played two games at 1B for two innings. 

Schwarber will be in the OF for the Red Sox and it further exemplifies the lack of value Taylor Ward has to a team competing for a championship. Schwarber adds value to the Red Sox outfield. Ward has none.

After doing as much digging as I could at the moment without consulting any sources outside of one blogger I know with the Yankees, these are where our new prospects line up in my too prospects list. 

Please keep in mind, for my own list, Marsh, Adell, Rodriguez and now even Detmers are still on my list, despite having major league experience. 

Janson Junk - #17 - Fastball sits 93, good curve and slider. Has the stamina to start. 

Elvis Peguero - #21 - Big boy, fastball velocity now sits 96+. Obvious reliever.

Jose Marte- #31 Definitely getting a Jordan Walden vibe from him, for those of you that are old timers.

Ivan Armstrong - #34 - Good numbers, just a holding spot until I watch him and learn more. 

Edited by Second Base

Bryce Teodosio - a udfa for the halos made his CPX debut yesterday with a hr, triple, bb and 4 rbi.  He's 22 and has the odd combo of hitting RHed and throwing LHed.  Out of Clemson.  

Alex Ramirez hit is fourth hr and now has 4 hrs, 4 triples and 4 doubles in 103 PA.  Plus nine walks in 89 ab.

Paris is back and rehabbing for CPX.  3 games.  3 for 8 with a hr.  

On 7/29/2021 at 9:27 PM, Angels Fan Forever said:

I have always rooted for Taylor Ward and at this point I hope we can get something, anything, for him in a trade. I just don't see a future for him here. He's our #7 outfielder and if he's still with the team next year he'll most likely be a 28 year old MiLB player or DFA'd.

I can see him as the back up outfielder next year and greater patience with Adell or Marsh.

However I agree its probably best for both the franchise and Ward to be traded.

However Marsh or Adell can bring back a quality asset in return

Edited by stormngt

2 hours ago, ScottSted said:

It's really good to see Adell step it up, seeing his buddies get called up. .357/.419/.679 since Marsh got called up.

so maybe I'm making it up because I want to see it so bad but he's got 16 walks in his last 173 PA over 37 games.  The first 14 of which he went through a slump and had a .505 ops during 70 PA but too 8 walks over that stretch.  Then over the last 23 games and 103 plate appearances he's crushed the ball with a 1.070 ops and a .368/.417/.653 and 8 walks with only 24k.  

Not a huge sample but not a tiny one either.  So dare I say this is progress?  Sure looks like it to me.  

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

so maybe I'm making it up because I want to see it so bad but he's got 16 walks in his last 173 PA over 37 games.  The first 14 of which he went through a slump and had a .505 ops during 70 PA but too 8 walks over that stretch.  Then over the last 23 games and 103 plate appearances he's crushed the ball with a 1.070 ops and a .368/.417/.653 and 8 walks with only 24k.  

Not a huge sample but not a tiny one either.  So dare I say this is progress?  Sure looks like it to me.  

I'm feeling more optimistic and that we are approaching the point where he's ready for the next step, which is another shot in the majors. I know there's the issue of service time, but I really hope we get to see him in the majors this year, and preferably in August.

Watching Davis Daniel on the bump right now.  Through 4 he's given up 1 run on 5 hits with no walks.  6 k's.  

working 90-92 with the fastball a good command of that for the most part.  most of the k's have been on elevated fastballs as seems to be the trend for halo farmhands.  Didn't have much feel for the curve.  Got a few ugly swings but for the most part he either wasn't finding much of the plate or he hung it.  Most of the hits he gave up were when he was throwing fastballs trying to get back into the count after he missed with a couple breaking balls.  I'd also add that he threw only about 2 or 3 change up and they looked pretty damn good to me.  got swings and misses by lefties where he pulled the string and it had a little arm side drop.  Hoping he starts to throw that a bit more because it sure looked like it had guys off balance when he did.  Makes me wonder if he lacks confidence in it as of yet.  

an aside from the RCTP game is that the other team ran on Mulrine a fair amount who seemed a bit slow to get out of his crouch.  Didn't really see much getting on his throws

*LOL and just as I'm writing this he throws out the opposing team's fastest run on a perfect throw getting him by a mile.  

Davis sharp in the 5th.  2 more k's and the hit CS was on a broken bat bloop.  BTW.  ALL fastball.  I think he threw two breaking pitches in the inning.  

What I've found interesting as the game has gone on is that the other team pretty much knew the fastball was coming at 90-92 yet they just couldn't really hit it.  

12 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm feeling more optimistic and that we are approaching the point where he's ready for the next step, which is another shot in the majors. I know there's the issue of service time, but I really hope we get to see him in the majors this year, and preferably in August.

the chances are slim of getting that year back because of how stupid it was to bring him up in a year where he was getting extra time due to the prorated calc.  So I agree that we could see him very soon.  

btw, someone needs to tweet the RCTP broadcaster and tell him the difference between a curve or slider and a change up.  For several games that I've watched the pitcher throws a curve or slider and he calls it a change.  

Davis found the curve a bit in the 6th.  Got two k's on it and his night is likely over with 10 k's.  Can really see how filthy the curve is when he's got it going.  Threw a couple more changeups and got some bad swings again.  Want to see more of that pitch.  Really good arm action on imo.  

He gave up an unearned run in the inning when he hung a curve for a single to RF Izzy Wilson and it went under his glove for a two base error.  He had several bad defensive plays in the game and looked really awkward out there.  Makes Adell look like a gold glover.