Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Understood.

Maybe then the prognoses need to be omitted from public view, because it’s frustrating to see so many injuries be extended out for so long.

Marsh, Adams, Paris, Trout, Rendon, and Upton all in the same year; and that’s only the big names in the minors and at the MLB level.

The one bit of good news is it not hitting the pitching staffs in the minors and at the MLB level.   

the prognosis is based on what you'd expect most of the time.  It has nothing to do with how fast an actual individual may or may not respond.  

we have no idea whether what's implied is even making it's way to the public in the way it's intended.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, ettin said:

Seems a little harsh for AO, he is a reasonable guy who is more than willing to listen to reason, in my experience.

harsh how?  Something is amiss with the medical staff throughout the org because Trout, Upton and Rendon aren't healing as fast as the public relation department or Joe Maddon told you they would?  

It doesn't make more sense that whoever is in charge of putting out the presser isn't picking the earliest return time for their star players so the fans don't lose interest in the team during that period?  

BTW, you know that all these guys from pretty much every team on a regional basis go to a lot of the same doctors.  

why am I beholden to responding rationally and talking people back to something reasonable?     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

harsh how?  Something is amiss with the medical staff throughout the org because Trout, Upton and Rendon aren't healing as fast as the public relation department or Joe Maddon told you they would?  

It doesn't make more sense that whoever is in charge of putting out the presser isn't picking the earliest return time for their star players so the fans don't lose interest in the team during that period?  

BTW, you know that all these guys from pretty much every team on a regional basis go to a lot of the same doctors.  

why am I beholden to responding rationally and talking people back to something reasonable?     

Because you are a nicer guy than what the original message came across as and AO admits to his flaws (as evidenced by his initial response). The message read aggressively to me, Doc, that is all. I understand and agree with your core thought, it is simply the tone you took. You seem to feel otherwise. I like AO, he is literally one of the only people here who will admit he is wrong. He is a mild mannered commentator who gets it wrong sometimes and owns it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ettin said:

Because you are a nicer guy than what the original message came across as and AO admits to his flaws (as evidenced by his initial response). The message read aggressively to me, Doc, that is all. I understand and agree with your core thought, it is simply the tone you took. You seem to feel otherwise. I like AO, he is literally one of the only people here who will admit he is wrong. He is a mild mannered commentator who gets it wrong sometimes and owns it.

the tone I took after the 19th time I've tried to imply otherwise and attempt to give a more reasonable explanation yet we hear the same thing over and over?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ettin said:

Because you are a nicer guy than what the original message came across as and AO admits to his flaws (as evidenced by his initial response). The message read aggressively to me, Doc, that is all. I understand and agree with your core thought, it is simply the tone you took. You seem to feel otherwise. I like AO, he is literally one of the only people here who will admit he is wrong. He is a mild mannered commentator who gets it wrong sometimes and owns it.

Thanks, at least when I’m not in the Vent thread.  🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ettin said:

Because you are a nicer guy than what the original message came across as and AO admits to his flaws (as evidenced by his initial response). The message read aggressively to me, Doc, that is all. I understand and agree with your core thought, it is simply the tone you took. You seem to feel otherwise. I like AO, he is literally one of the only people here who will admit he is wrong. He is a mild mannered commentator who gets it wrong sometimes and owns it.

And one more thing.  A bunch of us have been on here for over a decade.  We all have our own style and we all post things that are smart and things that are dumb.  @Angel Oracle is one of my favorite people on here.  It doesn't mean we can't give each other a ration of shit once in awhile and then hug it out like brothers.  I called him out on something that I was tired of hear and tired of trying to defend.  Wasn't anything more than trying to get him to not leave his dirty clothes on my side of the room.  I guess I could have been more gracious.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

watching Detmers.  

through 4ip.  4h and a bb with 6k.  Not as sharp as we've seen him on his best days.  Still getting a fair amount of swing and miss.  Looked unhittable in the first two and then got sloppy in the third with three hits in a row and had some traffic in the 4th as well.  

Seems to be a bit less zip on the fastball today and not locating it super well.  That slow curve is interesting.  He's left it up a couple time and it got hit pretty hard for singles but could have been worse.  Left a couple sliders middle middle.  Not getting as many swings and misses on the high fastball but it just hasn't been very well located.  

now they've pulled him after 4 innings.  Have to wonder if the futures game appearance had something to do with it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

watching Detmers.  

through 4ip.  4h and a bb with 6k.  Not as sharp as we've seen him on his best days.  Still getting a fair amount of swing and miss.  Looked unhittable in the first two and then got sloppy in the third with three hits in a row and had some traffic in the 4th as well.  

Seems to be a bit less zip on the fastball today and not locating it super well.  That slow curve is interesting.  He's left it up a couple time and it got hit pretty hard for singles but could have been worse.  Left a couple sliders middle middle.  Not getting as many swings and misses on the high fastball but it just hasn't been very well located.  

now they've pulled him after 4 innings.  Have to wonder if the futures game appearance had something to do with it. 

I doubt pitching 1 inning 6 days ago impacted anything.  If it did, that's pretty sad.  Maybe more likely that he was ready to go for the 2nd game of the DH yesterday before it was rained out? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...