• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

3 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Also mentioned that there is nothing left for him to do in the minors.

That ALWAYS bugs me when people say that. There's ALWAYS something else you could be working on or tinkering in the minors. Being a prospect, if you think you're done developing or have already proven yourself, then you've already lost the mental game. 

When it rains, it pours.

Something is amiss with the medical staff throughout the org?

Marsh, Adams, and Paris ALL missing 1-2 months, ALL amongst key prospects!

Whet injury did Paris have?

Out eight weeks now!   Attached from early June assumes not serious?

C461A543-159C-418E-8B75-962152D34D95.png

Edited by Angel Oracle

I feel like a lot of the hitting has finally caught up to the pitching.  

Maybe time to add Edwin Yon to the top 30.   About to turn 23 in A ball so he's a touch long in the tooth but he's 6'5" so as expected, he might take longer to find his way.  Was originally signed in the CIN org out of the DR.  He's only played in 21 games but has been out there everyday recently.  Presume he was injured off and on as only 6 games in may and kinda spread out and then only four games in june.  But since june 29th, his slash is .362/.455/.830 with 6 hrs in 55 PA.  7 walks.  He's gonna whiff about 1/3rd of the time regardless but he's seems to be coming into his own.  

Jeremy Aroncho is another guy who is interesting.  HS draftee for the dogs in 2017.   Still only 22 with Zero power but 30 walks in 187 pa so far this year with 12 steals.  .401 obp.  Plays pretty much everywhere.  Has made a bunch of errors while at 3b.  Seems way more inclined to play 2b or function as a util guy who can PR and nab a bag.  

Brendon Davis is another really tall guy at 6'4" at tri cities.  Soon to be 24 year old.  34 xbh in 272 pa.  Former 5th rounder of the dogs in 2015 out of HS.  Probably ready for a promo to AA.  Another guy that's come on of late with a 1.233 ops in his last 18 games.  He's also been all over the diamond this year including spending some time at SS but appears capable pretty much anywhere in the IF.  He was a 40 grade guy a couple years ago when people were waiting for the power to come.  I think it's here now so it's gonna boil down to whether he makes enough contact or walks enough.  So far so good.  Plus he's swiped 8 bags this year.  

Francisco Del Valle continues to tease me a bit.  He's getting some hrs and walks this year but contact is still an issue.  

Livan Soto went through a horrible slump for like two months.  coming around of late with 7 xbh in his last 10 games with 5 steals.  

17 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

When it rains, it pours.

Something is amiss with the medical staff throughout the org?

Marsh, Adams, and Paris ALL missing 1-2 months, ALL amongst key prospects!

Whet injury did Paris have?

Out eight weeks now!   Attached from early June assumes not serious?

please stop writing shit like this when you don't have a clue about how any of these injuries work as it relates to the medical staff for any team.  

29 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

please stop writing shit like this when you don't have a clue about how any of these injuries work as it relates to the medical staff for any team.  

Understood.

Maybe then the prognoses need to be omitted from public view, because it’s frustrating to see so many injuries be extended out for so long.

Marsh, Adams, Paris, Trout, Rendon, and Upton all in the same year; and that’s only the big names in the minors and at the MLB level.

The one bit of good news is it not hitting the pitching staffs in the minors and at the MLB level.   

Edited by Angel Oracle

42 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Seems a little harsh for AO, he is a reasonable guy who is more than willing to listen to reason, in my experience.

14 minutes ago, ettin said:

Seems a little harsh for AO, he is a reasonable guy who is more than willing to listen to reason, in my experience.

I would normally agree, but on the topic of injuries (specifically, their recovery) he seems to lose all rationale. It's nothing new. 

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

I would normally agree, but on the topic of injuries (specifically, their recovery) he seems to lose all rationale. It's nothing new. 

Yes, but when you share your reasoning with AO, he usually listens and even changes his mind, which a lot of people here would never consider or do. Just saying the approach seemed a little harsh, but AO does rail against the injury bugs, no doubt.

1 minute ago, ettin said:

Yes, but when you share your reasoning with AO, he usually listens and even changes his mind, which a lot of people here would never consider or do. Just saying the approach seemed a little harsh, but AO does rail against the injury bugs, no doubt.

Again, normally i would agree. However, we've been sharing this reasoning with him for a decade. He hasn't listened.