• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

40 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yep, 100% they have.  MLB has been getting over and treating minor leaguers like dogshit for decades.   The crap they have pulled in the international markets is ever worse.

Those families are saints..   But the situation is very off-putting for fans..  well, for me anyway.

Lot of families enjoy helping and in Cal league do the road trips. Visalia, Bakersfield and others. We knew a family that did this, both were  retired only bad thing they were Dodger fans. 

8 minutes ago, ScottSted said:

Did the Angels find some gold with Edwin Yon? That’s a great swing.

Dude has exploded this month. .373/.448/.898/1.346 in 15 G in July with 3 doubles, 2 triples, 8 HR, 7 BB, 20 K . tonight. 

He looked awful to start the year but ironed things out. He's a classic raw-tool, light-tower power guy. He's gonna need to do this consistently - the pieces have always been there - before I get too excited, but what he, Brendon Davis, and Izzy Wilson have done this year are extremely encouraging. If they finish 2021 strong, I see them in the Angels Top 30.

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

Complete game for Hector Yan

9 IP  3 H  1 R (earned)  2 BB  7 SO  94 pitches (60 strikes)

Hector is quietly rebounding very nicely after a really shitty start. 

Tonight gives him 37 IP, 26 H, 21 BB, 37 K, and a 3.65 ERA in his last 7 games. Lots of walks still but huge improvement when he walked 18 in his first 24 IP. 

I think COVID/no minors really screwed up his timing and mechanics...lost velocity, more wild than before...he's getting back up to speed now, literally and figuratively. Could see him in the pen this year since he's on the 40-man.

24 minutes ago, ScottSted said:

he's obviously not gonna get very far with a 45% k%, but he's finally gotten to his power ever since he came back from being sent to Extended Spring Training

29 minutes ago, ScottSted said:

Hmm. I like his swing. I expected some Jabari Blash shenanigans. Seems he just has a ton of raw power; if he puts the bat on the ball it's going to be cranked.

8 minutes ago, Trendon said:

he's obviously not gonna get very far with a 45% k%, but he's finally gotten to his power ever since he came back from being sent to Extended Spring Training

Worth noting that 27 of his strikeouts were in his first 39 PA, and only 6 hits and three walks. He was literally striking out almost every at-bat.

Then everything just clicked.

In 67 PA since, only 20 K strikeouts. Still a lot but not atypical for a big free-swinging power hitter, about a 30% K%.

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Oliver Ortega continues to do the thing in AA. 2 IP 0 ER 5 K's. 

I'd imagine he will be getting the call to Triple-A soon. He's been practically untouchable since mid-June and has solved his control problems to start the season.

Since June 12th:

17.1 IP  2.08 ERA  0.98 WHIP  14 H  4 ER  3 BB  18 SO  1 HR

Edited by rafibomb

16 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I'd imagine he will be getting the call to Triple-A soon. He's been practically untouchable since mid-June and has solved his control problems to start the season.

Since June 12th:

17.1 IP  2.08 ERA  0.98 WHIP  14 H  4 ER  3 BB  18 SO  1 HR

These are there types of things that make sense to fans, but rarely end up happening. I have a difficult time understanding why Junior Guerra is a major leaguer and Oliver Ortega isn't. Or that they'd wheel out the likes of Harvey, Cahill Teheran, Bundy and Quintana but keep screwing Jaime Barria over and putting him in AAA despite success at the major league level. Did he insult Arte's mother or something? Or why they even bother with Bundy and Quintana in relief if they aren't showing a particular propensity for it. Why not just cut them? Why did they keep Davis Daniel in Advanced A Ball for nine starts when it was clear even to amateur observers that he shouldn't have been there after his first three or four. Or why they continue to roll Aaron Hernandez out there as a starter where he's getting shamed when he could be helping the major league bullpen right now. Same thing with Hector Yan (who somehow threw a complete game tonight). 

9 hours ago, Lou said:

I highly doubt he's 6'10". 

He's not, but everyone around the stadium including the 66ers staff and the players say the same thing. Said his actual height may be updated soon. I'm guessing he's probably 6'7 or 6'8 which is pretty damn tall for a position player. 

10 hours ago, Second Base said:

These are there types of things that make sense to fans, but rarely end up happening. I have a difficult time understanding why Junior Guerra is a major leaguer and Oliver Ortega isn't. Or that they'd wheel out the likes of Harvey, Cahill Teheran, Bundy and Quintana but keep screwing Jaime Barria over and putting him in AAA despite success at the major league level. Did he insult Arte's mother or something? Or why they even bother with Bundy and Quintana in relief if they aren't showing a particular propensity for it. Why not just cut them? Why did they keep Davis Daniel in Advanced A Ball for nine starts when it was clear even to amateur observers that he shouldn't have been there after his first three or four. Or why they continue to roll Aaron Hernandez out there as a starter where he's getting shamed when he could be helping the major league bullpen right now. Same thing with Hector Yan (who somehow threw a complete game tonight). 

Vindication