• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels linked to Tomoyuki Sugano, deadline is 1/7 (update: stays in NPB)

mmc

37 minutes ago, eligrba said:

So.......you’re saying there’s a chance?

17 minutes ago, Second Base said:

4/56 isn't unreasonable. Is it steep? Yeah absolutely. We've already seen, ALL starting pitching prices are steep. Cole, Wheeler, Corbin, Strasburg..... They all got too much. 

That's just how much you have to be willing to pay more. When guys like Robbie Ray and Drew Smyly are making 10 million, you know anything decent will cost 15.

I get it but those guys have some upside.  

He made 6 Mil last year in Japan, and may get a small raise close to 7/8 mil

So a team isnt willing to pay him close to this value? add incentives and maybe options? 

id offer him a 27 mil over 3 years contract, with incentives.

than in the contract I'd off him two options.

1. a opt out clause after the 2nd year or opt in into 3 additions years, with the last year being an team option

so it could be a 2 year deal or a 4/5 year deal if he performances 

Base Salary             Incentives

9 Mil.                           +3 mil

9 Mil.                           +3 mil

opt out or opt in for 3 years

9 Mil.                           +5 mil

7 Mil.                            +3 mil

7 Mil.                   

total with out Incentives 

41 mil over 5 years 

with Incentives 

55 Mil over 5 years 

i'm all for guys getting paid, but these reports are turning me off to him, and they seem to be accurate based off the fact that he hasn't signed. if the blue jays have a "bullish" offer on him, which i'd bet is more than he's ever made per year before, but it's still not good enough because he has a certain need to make what a countryman is making, even though he'll make less by returning to japan. that tells me he's not the kind of player i'd be interested in. that starts raising "already paid" alarms in my head. if true, then no thank you, sugano.