• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yoga Opens you to Satanic Possession

and once again, the more "open-minded" and "evolved" non-religious folk take the low road and make fun of Christians.

Ironic they are always complaining about how pushy and judgemental we are.

MT, am pretty much right  there with you, it's just that I was taught parts of the bible in a metaphorical fashion and not all literal history.

Yoga's roots do come from a different religion than Christianity, does it not?

Yes, of course, but does that mean its inherently "demonic?" Are non-Christian religions, for that matter, inherently "evil" or "bad" or misguided?

Not all Christians believe this and many do yoga and see an underlying unity to all religions.

IMO, Yoga, as it is mostly physical is probably the least of these arts that would manifest anything demonic. 

In actuality, "true" yoga isn't mostly physical but what we see in the media, in yoga studios etc, is largely the physical component of yoga.

The word "yoga" means "to yoke," as in to connection oneself, to unite with the divine. There are many different forms of yoga, but the underlying purpose of all of them except the commercialized version most people associate the word with, is to unite oneself with "God." The different paths of yoga - karma, bhakti, jnana, raja, kundalini, etc - are different roads to the same goal. Some involve deep contemplative practice and self-inquiry, some involve devotion to a guru as a manifestation of the divine, some involve meditative practices to awaken the kundalini energy, some involve working in the world, but all are about "waking up" to one's true nature.

Actually, Christianity has a lot in common with Bhakti Yoga, which is devotional. In Bhakti Yoga you "surrender" to a guru, who is an incarnation of deity, just as in Christianity you are "saved" by Jesus Christ. The basic principle is similar, although whereas in Christianity being saved gets you a ticket to Heaven, in Bhakti Yoga surrender to a guru allows one to realize one's own identity with God (which Jesus talked about when he said "the Kingdom of Heaven is within").

In actuality, "true" yoga isn't mostly physical but what we see in the media, in yoga studios etc, is largely the physical component of yoga.

The word "yoga" means "to yoke," as in to connection oneself, to unite with the divine. There are many different forms of yoga, but the underlying purpose of all of them except the commercialized version most people associate the word with, is to unite oneself with "God." The different paths of yoga - karma, bhakti, jnana, raja, kundalini, etc - are different roads to the same goal. Some involve deep contemplative practice and self-inquiry, some involve devotion to a guru as a manifestation of the divine, some involve meditative practices to awaken the kundalini energy, some involve working in the world, but all are about "waking up" to one's true nature.

Actually, Christianity has a lot in common with Bhakti Yoga, which is devotional. In Bhakti Yoga you "surrender" to a guru, who is an incarnation of deity, just as in Christianity you are "saved" by Jesus Christ. The basic principle is similar, although whereas in Christianity being saved gets you a ticket to Heaven, in Bhakti Yoga surrender to a guru allows one to realize one's own identity with God (which Jesus talked about when he said "the Kingdom of Heaven is within").

That is why I referred to the body's chakras in my previous post regarding Yoga.   Afterwards, I was attempting(probably poorly)  at aiming the comment towards the commercial type yoga.  I believe many Jesus's statements were all about empowering one's self, not giving up power to an external diety, as is common.  The Christos is within.   

Now, what I don't get is why this is some issue.  Did this guy make that statement during his campaign?  Is he saying he wants to make yoga illegal? 

It looks to me like someone is just digging for a story. The quotes come from a book Jackson wrote in 2008. I didn't get the idea that this has been brought up during the campaign or that he is trying to make it an issue.

• 4 weeks later...

I like yoga, the same way I pedicures.

Was having problems with my follow through and flexibility with my golf swing from an old car accident. It works and is good shit. I worked out with super athletic dudes that struggle with yoga.

It is kind of weird being with all chicks and there is always one dude with tats and a Black Flag shirt.

• 7 years later...
On 6/6/2013 at 5:37 AM, Angelsjunky said:

So says Virginia GOP gubernatorial candidate and pastor EW Jackson.

As the article points out, he's not alone. Quite a few Christian conservatives have said similar things.

There are some pretty extreme (and, I must say, kind of funny) remarks in that article:

Pastor Mark Driscoll of WA state: "Yoga is demonic. If you just sign up for a little yoga class, you're signing up for a little demon class."

Father Gabriele Amorth of the Vatican: "Practicing yoga is Satanic, it leads to evil just like reading Harry Potter."

And no, the article isn't from the Onion.

Christians perfected cancel culture before the libs did.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

I wouldn't say yoga is satanic but I do occasionally have bad thoughts when women wear yoga pants 

You know I've been thinking about this for the last 7 1/2 years and I've come to conclude that this guy is right. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

The current political news cycle is getting old. This seemed like a good topic. Also whatever you guys do, make sure it doesn't involve Googling Sara Jean Underwood's yoga videos. 

That chick despises clothes. It's rare you see photos of her not naked.