• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When people ask me why I root for the Dodgers to lose even when my Halos aren’t in the playoffs...THIS is why

WTFaRtie

1 hour ago, PowerBall said:

I never understood why Angel fans spend so much time worrying/talking shit about the Dodgers, if anything you're making them look stronger by giving them your utmost attention and with that, showing your insecurities...

It’s called a rivalry. No one is showing their insecurities.

My Dodger hatred precedes my Angels fandom. It goes back to the years when the Braves shared a division with them. Why MLB put a team in a state with an Atlantic coast in the National League West is one of life's great mysteries. Rumor has it that they didn't want to put the Cardinals and Cubs in opposite divisions and break up their rivalry, so the Braves were the odd man out.

16 hours ago, Jay said:

It's one of those rare one-way rivalries.

It's not a one way rivalry.  It may not be as intense as with the Giants, but it's still a rivalry. 

I have friends that are Dodger fans and they don't like the Angels.  As a matter of fact, they strongly dislike the Angels.  Why?  If it wasn't a rivalry, Dodger fans would not be bothered with anything related with the Angels, but that's not the case. 

31 minutes ago, IEAngelsfan said:

It's not a one way rivalry.  It may not be as intense as with the Giants, but it's still a rivalry. 

I have friends that are Dodger fans and they don't like the Angels.  As a matter of fact, they strongly dislike the Angels.  Why?  If it wasn't a rivalry, Dodger fans would not be bothered with anything related with the Angels, but that's not the case. 

Exactly.

Every single friend of mine who is a dodgers fan hates the Angels.

18 hours ago, Jay said:

Weird, none of my Dodgers fan friends hate the Angels.

The Dodger-fan friends I have that present themselves as not hating the Angels tend to drop comments like "they need to trade Trout", "they're not in Los Angeles, they have no right to the name" and poked at "LAA of Anaheim", etc. and pretend to be dispassionate.  Some people want to appear above hating another team but little throwaway comments like those belie the truth.  There was a time when I was young that I thought I could be both an Angels and Dodgers fan.  The reason I'm not is because of Dodger fans hate the Angels and can't help themselves from trying to protect the vicarious superiority they feel from following a team whose past successes they have nothing to do with.

28 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

The Dodger-fan friends I have that present themselves as not hating the Angels tend to drop comments like "they need to trade Trout", "they're not in Los Angeles, they have no right to the name" and poked at "LAA of Anaheim", etc. and pretend to be dispassionate.  Some people want to appear above hating another team but little throwaway comments like those belie the truth.  There was a time when I was young that I thought I could be both an Angels and Dodgers fan.  The reason I'm not is because of Dodger fans hate the Angels and can't help themselves from trying to protect the vicarious superiority they feel from following a team whose past successes they have nothing to do with.

Just remind them of what they did to the people of Chavez Ravine.