• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cubs shopping Contreras

floplag

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

Like I said in another thread, I have no desire to trade prospects for a catcher when we need those prospects to get pitching.  I would much rather have Graterol and pitching than Contreras and less pitching.

That would depend entirely on the pitching.

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

pass.  offensive minded catcher with questionable value on the prevention side.  

Exactly.  There's a lot of scouting reports that indicate Contreras isn't a very good defender.

Minasian has beaten the "run prevention" drum excessively.  He is not acquiring an offense-first, defense-second catcher like Contreras.

40 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Has he? Are there numerous separate accounts of this?

Same response as in the other thread, but - he said it in his official presser, but he has also said it in various interviews that he's had since then on other platforms, too.  I have heard him mention it on 3 separate occasions, and that is also the number of interviews I've heard from him, so .. 3 for 3.

A run prevention emphasis and the importance of catching- Minasian has sent those messages.  I expect he’ll do the best he can to develop current catching prospects but will also be keeping an eye out for a catching prospect with upside and will sign another AAA or above FA catcher.  Graterol doesn’t hit much but I never minded his defense.  Also once he’s on the 26 (?) man roster, he stays there or needs to go through waivers.

On 12/29/2020 at 3:18 PM, T.G. said:

I’ll save some of you the trouble...

Someone is going to ask if he can pitch. Someone else is going to mention how Minasian values catching. Someone else is going to offer up Adell. Something will be said about “run prevention.”  A few others will bring up pitching again. Someone will change the topic back to players on other teams. Finally, Lou will call us all dumbasses.

If you make fun of INO fries, and add pubes, you cover the whole greatest hits album

Edited by ten ocho recon scout