• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm in the Adell is a bust trade him now group

Erstad Grit

25 minutes ago, stormngt said:

If you could trade him for an Ace you do it.  

Yes, as long as they are young enough and have 3 plus years of control.  What I mean is I wouldn’t trade him for Darvish, because while I think Darvish is an Ace, he is 34 and can’t be expected to be an ace much longer if at all.  Now I would still trade for Darvish because it isn’t my money, I just wouldn’t use my best trade chip to get him.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yes, as long as they are young enough and have 3 plus years of control.  What I mean is I wouldn’t trade him for Darvish, because while I think Darvish is an Ace, he is 34 and can’t be expected to be an ace much longer if at all.  Now I would still trade for Darvish because it isn’t my money, I just wouldn’t use my best trade chip to get him.

Agreed

On 12/27/2020 at 1:17 PM, Inside Pitch said:

I've always used Mike Cameron as a comp, but Cameron could walk and his defense was amazing.  I think a solid low end comp might be Mark Whiten.  Ridiculous power, trouble hitting for average but he too had better plate discipline and again, he could defend well - cannon arm.  All three were super athletic.

The key for Adell (as we have said), is going to be plate discipline.  His athleticism will help with everything else but it won't mean much if he can't tell balls from strikes or more specifically if he doesn't ever learn what pitches he CAN'T murder..

I remember when Whiten hit four HR in a game. Anyhow, I hope Adell is a lot better. I see Whiten as comparable to Goodwin, if Goodwin got more opportunities: a passable regular, but not the type of guy that you want as a centerpiece in your lineup.

Cameron is roughly the same caliber of player as Hunter and Wells, but underrated because he's one of those guys that did a bit of everything but without sexy HR or BA numbers. But yeah, great defender and really good player. He was the centerpiece in the Griffey to Cincy trade and ended up being better for the Mariners than Griffey was for the Reds.

But yeah, plate discipline is key. I'd like to think that he could succeed without it, like an Alfonso Soriano, but I'm not so sure.  Soriano didn't take walks, but the problem is deeper with Adell. Hopefully he can work it out, though, and just needs experience and coaching.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Yes.  Which in my opinion is easier because the ball comes to you more pure.  

59 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

There's no way CF is easier to play than right or left.

42 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Less spin on the ball?

CF is easier in the sense that you get better reads on the ball right away, other than directly at you. 

I've heard baseball players say everything speeds up at the major league level. Sometimes it catches them by surprise.

I'm guessing Adell will adjust and some of you are making his defense a bigger deal than it actually is... but it wouldn't be AW if you didn't.

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yeah, Darvish is the kind of guy you think about trading for as a final piece when you have a deep farm. We qualify for neither. 

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

I've heard baseball players say everything speeds up at the major league level. Sometimes it catches them by surprise.

I'm guessing Adell will adjust and some of you are making his defense a bigger deal than it actually is... but it wouldn't be AW if you didn't.

He gifted two homeruns in a shortened season when he didn't even make the team initially.  

I've watched a lot of baseball and I still can't fully fathom that.  

We need pitching now!!! Trade him while we can still get something for him. He's another overhyped prospect.  

He shown tremendous power but with a low contact rate, seems like one of those power hitters that either hits a home run or strikes out. 

In the outfield he's a liability, he's lousy not even average. 

Not a fan of these one-dimensional type players.