• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Unofficial Save The Farm Thread

Revad

18 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

The inevitable sell the farm or build the farm discussion. Do I think one of Adell/Marsh gets traded? Yes. 

Honestly, since Eppler built our farm with so many high-risk-high-reward guys I wouldn't be surprised in Minasian guts it a little bit. 

Every GM and their scouting staff with view prospects differently. If they view Marsh being a much more projectable/stable guy then Adell is out. I really don't think it's a hard decision for them.

To keep it simple. We could see a handful of prospects being traded because Minasian and company values our prospects a little differently. 

I agree with the above and also agree with T. G. that I like it better (and so do the people around me) when the Angels win.  But we can’t gut the farm, that shouldn’t happen.  There are some quality players that will make the minimum just a year or two away.  The front office needs time to evaluate more closely.  I think the Angels can make the playoffs by making a careful trade or two and signing two or three players.  If think if the next couple of years are well managed we could have a nice decade.

5 minutes ago, Revad said:

I agree with the above and also agree with T. G. that I like it better (and so do the people around me) when the Angels win.  But we can’t gut the farm, that shouldn’t happen.  There are some quality players that will make the minimum just a year or two away.  The front office needs time to evaluate more closely.  I think the Angels can make the playoffs by making a careful trade or two and signing two or three players.  If think if the next couple of years are well managed we could have a nice decade.

A more plausible and maybe accurate possibility is that Minasian is not going to gut the farm but rebuild it through trades, international signings and drafts.  I expect some favorite prospects to be moved but also replaced.  The farm seems out of balance on where the talent is located and what the major league roster needs.  I would expect Minasian to make changes trying to align the timing between player development and roster needs.