• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who will Angels bring in as 1B coach?

Angels 1961

Considering that Feliciano was also the outfielders coach, I'd assume that they bring in someone who has a background in the outfield.

Some options that come to mind: Ron Roenicke, Darin Erstad, Termell Sledge, Mark Loretta, and Chris Denorfia.

I believe Roenicke also coached the Angels outfielders when he was the Angels third base coach under Scioscia (though I could be wrong). Erstad and Edmonds are former Angels. Sledge, Loretta, and Denorfia all worked for the Cubs under Joe Maddon.

2 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Isn't Edmonds a broadcaster and part time coach with St. Louis? He lives there and seems embedded with that organization. Also a lot of weird stuff with his personal life. 

Maddon will probably bring in someone he has a personal connection to.

I searched Jim Edmonds to see if he was still working with the Cardinals, and all I saw were floods of articles about his personal life. So yeah, cross him off the list.

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My guess is if Ohtani is a 1st base coach, they might let him warm up in the foul line bullpen when we don't have runners on base so he will be ready to come in in relief, that will be a big plus!  

Don’t be ridiculous...

We will always have runners on base.