• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Angel fans get a starting pitcher on or before Christmas? 

Angels 1961

On 12/24/2020 at 1:51 AM, Dochalo said:

that was always the allure of Archer.  That he could be fixed and become that ace every thought he was going to be at some point.  

if his shoulder is healthy, I'd consider taking a flyer on him for the right price.  I'm sure he'll want to rebuild his value so maybe one year with a vesting option of some sort.  1/6 maybe?  

If we got Bauer, I'd take him as the second piece of the rotation.  If Callaway can help Barria keep the ball in the yard, maybe he can do the same for Archer.  

Or at least sign Odorizzi and Archer?

Couldn’t Odorizzi plus Callaway be a good pairing?   Has been pretty durable in his career (at least 28 starts from 2014-19), and had a solid ERA through 2017 in a hitting happy AL East.   Then had a rock solid 2019 for the Twins.

Still only 31 in the 2021 season 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Pitchers I personally have zero interest in for their rumored costs (either prospects or FA dollars) include Chris Archer, Jake Odorozzi, and JA Happ.

I’d also include Zach Wheeler, Luis Castillo (because of cost) and Blake Snell (who obviously isn’t available now) because of cost. 

Sonny Gray and Musgrove both make sense in a trade and Really only Bauer and Sugano make sense from a FA standpoint. On the high end anyway. I’m happy to take a flyer on Richards, Tanaka, and/or Paxton. 

Just my 2 cents. 

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Pitchers I personally have zero interest in for their rumored costs (either prospects or FA dollars) include Chris Archer, Jake Odorozzi, and JA Happ.

I’d also include Zach Wheeler, Luis Castillo (because of cost) and Blake Snell (who obviously isn’t available now) because of cost. 

Sonny Gray and Musgrove both make sense in a trade and Really only Bauer and Sugano make sense from a FA standpoint. On the high end anyway. I’m happy to take a flyer on Richards, Tanaka, and/or Paxton. 

Just my 2 cents. 

How about flyer on Walker?

6 hours ago, Hubs said:

Just my 2 cents. 

Yes on Musgrove, but not as the top pitching acquisition this offseason. Musgrove and someone like Paxton or Odorizzi doesn't move the needle enough. It maybe sneaks us into the playoffs, but we likely get decimated in the first round.