• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Did Trevor Bauer pull a Rocky III

Docwaukee

15 hours ago, Dochalo said:

F YOU for putting that song in my head.  

THERES NO SHORTCUT HOOOOOME!

16 hours ago, Dochalo said:

you're a greasy fast eye talian monster!!  you're gonna eat lightnin and crap thunda.  

Terry. Do this for the white race. Youre Irish. But theyre almost white.

Wait. That was the great white hype, not rocky.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

On 12/16/2020 at 4:34 AM, Dochalo said:

Remember when Rocky trained for his second fight with Clubber and Apollo knew they would have to go at a pace that would only sustain a few rounds?  

Did Bauer do a version of that for 2020?  

Knowing that he'd only be making 10 or 11 starts as opposed to 34, did he approach the season differently and create a pace that would be unsustainable for an entire season knowing that the shortened schedule was his free agent showcase?   Like a reliever who's stuff ticks up in shorter stints?  

Are we putting too much stock in his 2020 performance as an indicator of what he's capable of going forward or did he truly 'figure something out'?  

Because before this year, his 2018 season was the outlier to the rest of his career.  And while it shows what he's capable of, are one full season and one shortened season's worth of numbers enough to pay him 25mil per to find out which of those pitchers he really is?   

Is he the next Max Scherzer or does he turn into a pumpkin after the age of 30?  

I think it's a fair question.  I, personally, lean toward wanting to take the chance but there's a fair amount of risk here and you can't be wrong because if he's only mediocre over the 3-4 years it takes away a healthy chunk of the budget.  

There’s also risk in trading Adell+ Others for Gray and signing a second level SP.  I prefer that risk if it allows other upgrades.  Pederson would be worth it, if Artie would even go $35 million we could also get a decent reliever and a backup catcher (ideally one with options as , while no expert I liked Bemboon and his control of the running game).