• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cleveland Indians changing their team name

mmc

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya very cool.  I hope they do it.  

as far as the Indians, it’s a big who care from me.  I do wonder whether the people who actually matter on the topic - native Americans - called for this in any substantial way.  It seems like an excess answering a call from people who don’t matter on the issue.  Anyway.  The Spiders would be cooler anyway.  

This is 100% done by the outrage of middle America looking to be upset about something. Rage! America bad everyone else good. But not outraged at the millions of Muslims being sent to concentration camps in China. Look the other way be upset at random names and things that happened 100s of years ago, not actual things happening now. Nope way too much energy for that shit. 

Were Indians in this country oppressed? Sure. Almost every people group was at some point in history. The one common denominator is virtually no one from those oppressed people groups is currently living and no one living even knows anyone personally in those groups who were oppressed.

Probably every team name would have some group that is offended by it especially if they can feel powerful by forcing it to be changed. Angels offend atheists and other religions. Padres are stereotypes. If this goes on much farther, animal rights groups are gonna have a field day with the Cubs, Dbacks, and Rays. Sound stupid? So is this.

The problem with empathy is not in the thing itself but in who is actually fighting for it. SJW's are just trying to get power and money - stirring up popular resentment among the dumbasses of society is how they get both.

Personally, as a name, I don't really give a crap whether they keep the name or change it. I have zero investment either way in the name as such. But I detest cancel culture and the owners being coerced into it. It's a cancer and those who practice it - regardless of political ideology or party - are freedom-hating fascists.