• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels in on McCann?

Mark68

The way the Angels FO operates, I think if we were going to sign McCann, it would have happened by now. In fact, I think it would have happened within hours of those last tweets as the Mets were closing in.

I suspect the Angels made a strong offer, perhaps one still on the table, and this is McCann waiting to see if anyone else jumps in with a higher offer. 

I don’t think the Angels are making a last-ditch attempt at this point to pull him away from whatever NYM is offering or upping their own offer. 

I know a lot of folks are Bauer or Bust, but I'm not sure which is better:

Bauer + decent reliever + backup catcher, or

Odorizzi + Hand + McCann

+ clean peanuts to flesh out rotation depth in either case.

The difference between Bauer and Odorizzi is probably +3 WAR. Hand takes back 1 of those, and McCann the other two. The Angels, then, aren't putting all of their improvement into one player, but spread out over three.

Edited by Angelsjunky

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Odorizzi + Hand + McCann

The difference between Bauer and Odorizzi is probably +3 WAR. Hand takes back 1 of those, and McCann the other two. The Angels, then, aren't putting all of their improvement into one player, but spread out over three.

Maybe Arte will surprise us and spend on both Bauer + McCann, then fill out the rest of the needs with guys earning close to the minimum.  I'd actually be supportive of that, because I think we can likely find 1-2 under-the-radar relievers for very little.

14 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Odorizzi + Hand + McCann

personally think Odorizzi could be a total bust.  Not sure Hand is worth the cost (depends on the cost of course).  And I'm not overly confident that McCann will continue his current success for 3-4 years.  

So it's option one for me.  

9 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Maybe Arte will surprise us and spend on both Bauer + McCann, then fill out the rest of the needs with guys earning close to the minimum.  I'd actually be supportive of that, because I think we can likely find 1-2 under-the-radar relievers for very little.

Possible, I guess, but I think someone will overspend on McCann and give him $10M, with Bauer getting around $30M...add in under-the-radar guys and clean peanuts and we're talking another +$45-50M. Not sure Arte is up for that.

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Possible, I guess, but I think someone will overspend on McCann and give him $10M, with Bauer getting around $30M...add in under-the-radar guys and clean peanuts and we're talking another +$45-50M. Not sure Arte is up for that.

Yeah, agreed.  Maybe they can find someone like McCann who can have a similar impact on the pitching staff but, perhaps, less offense or something along those lines.

I'd support Bauer + good defensive catcher + under-the-radar guys to fill out the team.

Or, alternatively, McCann + trade for significant SP (Snell/Darvish/Gray/Marquez).  If it's Snell or Marquez, it assuredly involves Adell.  For Darvish or Gray, not Adell, but probably just about anyone else.

30 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Odorizzi + Hand + McCann

Bauer + Archie Bradley + Suzuki and counting on Stassi’s hip being fine once healed ?

Or Odorizzi + Bradley + McCann with the extra money used for a solid short term RF like Pillar ?

Move Sandoval to the pen as the key lefty there.

Iglesias, Mayers, and Bradley is a plenty good enough back-end.

Edited by Angel Oracle