• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels in on McCann?

Mark68

10 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

McCann is 36. If it takes a four year deal, I shake his hand, thank him for his time, and wish him luck in finding it.

This McCann is 36.

https://www.google.com/search?q=brian.mccann&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

He retired at the end of 2019.

This McCann is 30.

https://www.google.com/search?q=james+mccann&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

He is a free agent.

At this point like many of you, All I want to hear or care about is Pitching, Pitching and more Pitching. 

Starting with Bauer or Snell after that we can add some more arms to the rotation and bullpen.  

We'll know Perry is the right guy if he can get the pitching this organization has lacked for years.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Cool, I haven't heard the "His Plan" narrative since Dipoto.

well, i mean, he does have a plan. he's not just out there blind folded in the dark playing seven minutes in heaven with free agents.

wtf?

also, before anybody else does it:

everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth.

mike tyson GIF

I thought we like Stassi because of pitch framing and such.  I don’t really understand the need to commit multi year significant money to McCann.  And I mean if you’re going to do that, just spend a little more and get Realmuto.  I think the Angels should get another catcher - a second guy to replace Bemboom.  I don’t know if they need to commit big money to one to take over as the primary backstop.   Stassi seems solid enough.  What do I know I guess. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I thought we like Stassi because of pitch framing and such.  I don’t really understand the need to commit multi year significant money to McCann.  And I mean if you’re going to do that, just spend a little more and get Realmuto.  I think the Angels should get another catcher - a second guy to replace Bemboom.  I don’t know if they need to commit big money to one to take over as the primary backstop.   Stassi seems solid enough.  What do I know I guess. 

I think a realistic offer for McCann is probably 3/30, whereas Realmuto is seeking more like a 5/100 or 6/120 deal, so I think the disparity in cost between the two is likely to be significant.

As far as Stassi goes - perhaps it is a sign that either Minasian doesn't feel similarly about what he brings defensively, or more likely, that he highly values the catcher position and perhaps is concerned about relying on a catcher coming off another hip surgery.

27 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Jim Duquette on MLB radio said this morning that he thinks McCann's agent is fueling the Angels talk to try and squeeze more money from the Mets....his thought was that, if the Mets have really offered 4/40, the agent better grab it quick....

I think if the Mets have truly offered 4/40, McCann would have for sure signed with them by now, as the number of teams looking for a catcher is currently small, and the number of teams who have the cash to pay someone like McCann even smaller.

11 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Captain Obvious here.

So...if Duquette thinks the agent is using the Angels and fans on a message board also think so... I'm guessing Minasian knows this too. 

From what I read, Minasian probably doesn't know because he is too busy reviewing the website that values players for projecting trades.

42 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Captain Obvious here.

So...if Duquette thinks the agent is using the Angels and fans on a message board also think so... I'm guessing Minasian knows this too. 

He made it clear that Minasian wasn't going to go anywhere near 4/40 for McCann, or any catcher....thought Kurt Suzuki would be a good fit....haven't heard his name mentioned....

5 hours ago, Warfarin said:

I think a realistic offer for McCann is probably 3/30, whereas Realmuto is seeking more like a 5/100 or 6/120 deal, so I think the disparity in cost between the two is likely to be significant.

As far as Stassi goes - perhaps it is a sign that either Minasian doesn't feel similarly about what he brings defensively, or more likely, that he highly values the catcher position and perhaps is concerned about relying on a catcher coming off another hip surgery.

Hmm.  I thought people were saying McCann would get more then that.  Anyway. 

13 hours ago, HaloBronco said:

At this point like many of you, All I want to hear or care about is Pitching, Pitching and more Pitching. 

Starting with Bauer or Snell after that we can add some more arms to the rotation and bullpen.  

We'll know Perry is the right guy if he can get the pitching this organization has lacked for years.

I'm interested in anyone who makes the Angels better.