• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Right Field Options for the Angels

BTH

The Angels could use an upgrade in RF until one of Adell or Marsh are fully developed. There are a lot of outfielders out there, so the Angels should be able to get an upgrade in RF at a lower cost once players get desperate to sign somewhere.

1st Tier: Springer & Ozuna.

2nd Tier: Brantley, Pederson, Rosario, & Schwarber.

3rd Tier: Bradley Jr, Dahl, Duvall, Grossman, Pillar, & Puig.

4th Tier: Gamel, Goodwin, Markakis, Mazara, Naquin, Reddick, & Renfroe.

5th Tier: Almora Jr, Marisnick, & DeShields.

1st Tier is elite starters, 2nd tier is quality starters, 3rd tier is solid starters, 4th tier is platoon options, and 5th tier is strictly defensive 4th outfielder.

Also, there are Jurickson Profar and Enrique Hernandez, who could both be potential options.

I think Springer can be ruled pretty quick based off QO, his cost, his interest in Northeast. There is a little bit of interest in my part in Ozuna, and I think given his impact with Minasian’s Braves last year, he can’t be completely ruled out - especially if Adell and Marsh are dealt for pitching - but very unlikely.

After that though, almost any of those sound realistic, except maybe Schwarber who only has 14 innings of experience in RF, and wouldn’t fit the defense criteria the Angels are valuing of late. I also really doubt Ward is seen as much of a solution either, even temporarily. His play was nice last year but nothing groundbreaking or even necessarily sustainable. If they have to spend elsewhere first, sure we could see him there or in a platoon, but I doubt they’re wanting to count on that yet.

Just now, totdprods said:

I think Springer can be ruled pretty quick based off QO, his cost, his interest in Northeast. There is a little bit of interest in my part in Ozuna, and I think given his impact with Minasian’s Braves last year, he can’t be completely ruled out - especially if Adell and Marsh are dealt for pitching - but very unlikely.

After that though, almost any of those sound realistic, except maybe Schwarber who only has 14 innings of experience in RF, and wouldn’t fit the defense criteria the Angels are valuing of late. I also really doubt Ward is seen as much of a solution either, even temporarily. His play was nice last year but nothing groundbreaking or even necessarily sustainable. If they have to spend elsewhere first, sure we could see him there or in a platoon, but I doubt they’re wanting to count on that yet.

Yeah, I figure that Springer and Ozuna are out of the Angels price range, but I included them just to show all the OF options out there.

Also, Brantley, Rosario, and Schwarber would all be suspect in RF, but I included them for the same reason.

35 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I know it's risky but I'd sign puig. Perhaps being out of the game for a year has humbled him and showed him how quickly it can go away.  Dude can play and has done so in high stressful playoff situations

Maybe the Angels can get a discount on Bauer if they sign Puig since they have the same agent.😉

With Rasiel in the fold, the Angels still probably need 1-2 relievers. Maybe they acquire one by trade, but the other will still cost ~$5M.

They also need a platoon catcher. Figure $2-6M.

Then, of course, there's the big one: SP. Either they go Bauer for $25-30M or hope for the best with what they have, or they get two cheaper options for $20-30M.

So before a RF, they need to spend $27-41M. That doesn't leave much (if anything) left. I figure they'll get a tier 4-5 guy for $2-4M.