• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Once again

nate

Scioscia leaves a reliever in too long.  He should have a meeting with himself.  How do you leave a reliever in that just gave up a single and back to back walks in a tie game in extras?

If managers had WAR he would be at at least -4 for his bullpen management alone.

only mike scioscia would use 8 pitchers and still lose the game.   cubs used only 4 lol

nice job on blowing out your bullpen for the boston series.

If that is all it takes to "blow out" a bullpen, then we are doomed for last place, LOL.

Mike "too little, too late" Scioscia

I was at a game a few years ago where he left Lackey in far too long, and it way too late by the time he removed him.

As I recall (I'll have to find to box score to be certain), Lackey was pitching well and had two outs in the 5th inning with nobody on base, before something like eight straight batters reached base. Scioscia didn't have anyone warming up until the very end, and had to stall. I recall that it was Bulger who finally came in to clean up the mess, but by then the game was lost.

I couldn't believe it! 

edit: I found the game. Top of the 5th, 7 batters:

single, single, home run, double, walk, walk, wild pitch, single. Then he brings in Bulger. I recall he had only a minute or two to warm up,  but he got a ground ball to end the inning.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/ANA/ANA200907070.shtml

Ya, I don't get it. I was there for the Kohn game where he walked a couple guys then walked in the game winning run. I remember telling my girlfriend "watch, he's going to walk this guy". It's fairly obvious when a guy has zero control some nights. Coello has been great for us this season. Not tonight. And he should have been pulled

1-6 vs the Astros and Cubs.

8 games under .500 and double digits behind Texas, with almost 1/3 of the season gone.

Oakland right in the race.

Season GONE..

When I wake up tomorrow, Scioscia better be gone.

We've already blown past a 1/3 of the season. 1/2 of the season is only a few weeks away and playoff chances are slim and none. 

Not that there aren't a litany of other problems to address all over the place at this point, but this team will never sniff another post-season so long as Scioscia is managing. It's just that simple. I've been absolutely convinced of that since last season. He had a nice run but that's over. It's time to move on and try to turn this thing around for next season... no reason not to start with him. 

Not sure I advocate doing anything at this point in the season (though I'm not necessarily against it, either), but if he's managing the team next season there's no reason to believe that what we've seen each of the last two seasons won't continue. 

poor management isn't unique to the angels. ron washington had darvish throw 130 pitches because he didn't trust the bullpen with a 6-run lead yet he brought in michael kirkman with the bases loaded in a 1-run game. these managers must know something the average viewer doesn't because they make ostensibly stupid and counterintuitive decisions on a regular basis. with that said, i'd take scioscia over ron washington any day. at least scioscia adheres to the basics like platooning and pinch hitting.

Scioscia is so bad at managing. Isn't he supposed to be a players manager? So then how come players consistently come here only to underperform? This team is going no where until they get a real manager. FIRE SCIOSCIA!! Something has to change....it just isn't working

Scioscia is so bad at managing. Isn't he supposed to be a players manager? So then how come players consistently come here only to underperform? This team is going no where until they get a real manager. FIRE SCIOSCIA!! Something has to change....it just isn't working

Because he is a players manager and is soft on them.

Scioscia leaves a reliever in too long.  He should have a meeting with himself.  How do you leave a reliever in that just gave up a single and back to back walks in a tie game in extras?

If managers had WAR he would be at at least -4 for his bullpen management alone.

"Don't forget the 50-minute lecture!"

Not that there aren't a litany of other problems to address all over the place at this point, but this team will never sniff another post-season so long as Scioscia is managing. It's just that simple. I've been absolutely convinced of that since last season. He had a nice run but that's over. It's time to move on and try to turn this thing around for next season... no reason not to start with him. 

Not sure I advocate doing anything at this point in the season (though I'm not necessarily against it, either), but if he's managing the team next season there's no reason to believe that what we've seen each of the last two seasons won't continue. 

Not sure I believe this. The players aren't performing well all around. If Pujols, Hamilton, Wilson perform like they're supposed to and we don't have all the injuries, we should be a lot better.

poor management isn't unique to the angels. ron washington had darvish throw 130 pitches because he didn't trust the bullpen with a 6-run lead yet he brought in michael kirkman with the bases loaded in a 1-run game. these managers must know something the average viewer doesn't because they make ostensibly stupid and counterintuitive decisions on a regular basis. with that said, i'd take scioscia over ron washington any day. at least scioscia adheres to the basics like platooning and pinch hitting.

Why is Washington a winner then?