• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Raisel Iglesias and $900K from the Reds for Noe Ramirez and Leo Rivas

mmc

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I would think that the ptbnl has to be something of at least mild value or future interest to the reds as it would be hard for me to believe that other teams wouldn't take on 6 or 7 mil to get a solid closer.  

if truly a pure salary dump then there is going to be a ton of bullpen bargains to come.   

Agreed. Just don't think it's names of Jackson/Adams or such.

Might make Arte smile that he can take extra cash and get good arms without losing prospects. Hell, if it was one year rentals i'd pay the extra fee knowing the farm is still okay.

34 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

It blows my mind that these are the only two Iglesias to ever make it to the big show, we acquired them back to back, and they were born 1 day apart in Cuba, and are unrelated. 

This is some glitch in the matrix type shit. 

AW needs more posters like you.

36 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

It blows my mind that these are the only two Iglesias to ever make it to the big show, we acquired them back to back, and they were born 1 day apart in Cuba, and are unrelated. 

This is some glitch in the matrix type shit. 

Minasian out here playing 4D chess.

7 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I guess, im reading this incorrectly then Pritchett? And Morosi, isn't the only one that reported it.

Screenshot_20201207-212032_Twitter.jpg

I think this might be one of those cases where "cash" could literally mean $5. I assume Cincy is kicking in a million or so. 

5 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I keep forgetting we traded for Gerardo Reyes last season in the Jason Castro deal. He is also an interesting name to add to Iglesias, Mayers, Buttrey and Pena.

Yeah, I am very intrigued by Reyes. I was surprised he didn't get a look at the end of the 2020 season, but I believe I read that he had COVID at the start of summer, so that likely impacted his availability.

12 hours ago, greginpsca said:

True. They maybe haven't been able to agree on the player. If that is not the case, then it has to be one of the 5 draftees.

ptbnl are more often than not just a list of guys that have been agreed upon and then they take a little more time to scout which one they want. it could be a recent draftee, but i'm betting the player isn't going to be any skin off anyone's nose.

5 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I would think that the ptbnl has to be something of at least mild value or future interest to the reds as it would be hard for me to believe that other teams wouldn't take on 6 or 7 mil to get a solid closer.  

if truly a pure salary dump then there is going to be a ton of bullpen bargains to come.   

If its really a PTBNL, or cash, its not anyone special you would think.

9 hours ago, ukyah said:

ptbnl are more often than not just a list of guys that have been agreed upon and then they take a little more time to scout which one they want. it could be a recent draftee, but i'm betting the player isn't going to be any skin off anyone's nose.

At this time of year, specifically a few days before Rule V Draft, they likely agreed on a player that wasn't protected, and doesn't have to be on the 40-man roster yet, so they are waiting until after the draft to announce the PTBNL. My guess is Jose Soriano or Kevin Maitan.

13 hours ago, Hubs said:

At this time of year, specifically a few days before Rule V Draft, they likely agreed on a player that wasn't protected, and doesn't have to be on the 40-man roster yet, so they are waiting until after the draft to announce the PTBNL. My guess is Jose Soriano or Kevin Maitan.

I think this is true.  To me this makes the most sense as to why they haven't actually announced said player as of yet.  

guys potentially on that list:

Jack Kruger
Jose Rojas
Kevin Maitan
Jose Verrier
Leon Rivas
Livan Soto
Brennon Lund
Orlando Martinez
Oliver Ortega
Denny Brady
Jose Soriano

I can live with pretty much anyone on that list although It'd stink to lose Soriano.  To me, that would be a bit of an overpay.  It would surprise me if it took our 13th best prospect to accommodate a salary dump.  

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I think this is true.  To me this makes the most sense as to why they haven't actually announced said player as of yet.  

guys potentially on that list:

Jack Kruger
Jose Rojas
Kevin Maitan
Jose Verrier
Leon Rivas
Livan Soto
Brennon Lund
Orlando Martinez
Oliver Ortega
Denny Brady
Jose Soriano

I can live with pretty much anyone on that list although It'd stink to lose Soriano.  To me, that would be a bit of an overpay.  It would surprise me if it took our 13th best prospect to accommodate a salary dump.  

Packy Naughton is an option too. Since they non-tendered Goodwin, maybe they’ll want Packy back...y.

• mmc changed the title to Angels acquire Raisel Iglesias from the Reds for Noe Ramirez and Leo Rivas