• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Raisel Iglesias and $900K from the Reds for Noe Ramirez and Leo Rivas

mmc

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

How is Iglesias, who I really like by the way, now at 5.5? Did I miss the amount Reds are kicking in?

Iglesias’ luxury tax AAV is 8mil.  We subtracted 1.5mil by trading Ramirez in the process.  The Reds are kicking in cash, and I was just surmising it’d be around 1mil or so.  So for now, it’s 6.5mil net added, pending whatever cash is kicked in

32 minutes ago, mmc said:

Who says we can't do both?

I like it.   Put together a dominant pen with solid defense and just enough starting pitching and power hitting.

Now sign Hand, a solid defensive RF, Walker, and a solid platoon catcher.

What year does that remind us of?

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

This is too good to be true. The Reds need to cut costs, I get that. But to offload Noe, and get Iglesias, AND get the Reds to kick in cash.....

I'll just say it.

I don't think we're going to like who the PTBNL is. 

That’s what I kinda fear but it’s probably a 10-15 ranked prospect. 

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

Iglesias’ luxury tax AAV is 8mil.  We subtracted 1.5mil by trading Ramirez in the process.  The Reds are kicking in cash, and I was just surmising it’d be around 1mil or so.  So for now, it’s 6.5mil net added, pending whatever cash is kicked in

Subtracting Noe doesn't change Iglesias's contract. That's like my wife telling me how much she "saved" with that coupon. I'll await how much Reds are kicking in. If it's a million the question is....

Is Iglesias at 8.5 > Hand 10 + Noe 1 + PTBNL

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

This is too good to be true. The Reds need to cut costs, I get that. But to offload Noe, and get Iglesias, AND get the Reds to kick in cash.....

I'll just say it.

I don't think we're going to like who the PTBNL is. 

Will sting some if the prospect being traded is ranked around 10 in the org.

Just as long as it’s not Adell, Marsh, Adams, Detmers, CRod, Koch, Paris, Vera, or Jackson.

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Subtracting Noe doesn't change Iglesias's contract. That's like my wife telling me how much she "saved" with that coupon. I'll await how much Reds are kicking in. If it's a million the question is....

Is Iglesias at 8.5 > Hand 10 + Noe 1 + PTBNL

The fact that we traded Noe, despite having virtually no relievers, likely shows what Minasian thinks about his potential.

Iglesias’s stuff is considerably more dominant than Hand’s, so I imagine that counts for something, too.

If the Covid complications  shorten the schedule next season then a bullpen ace becomes even more important. Each game will mean more in terms of playoff competition. Too many blown leads in 2020. 

Iglesias is a proven, solid veteran with still excellent velocity and three good pitches. Normally I don't like one year contracts for top tier players, but I understand the logic in these chaotic times. Go all in now, get a playoff spot and then consolidate the roster for 2022 and beyond. 

Miniasian looks like he has a vision and is methodically building the team that way. We have a new everyday shortstop who is above average defensively and has some offensive potential. Now a veteran closer still playing at a high level.

Add a reliable starter, a decent enough hitting catcher and some more depth and the team will contend in 2021.

1 minute ago, Turd Ferguson said:

With the Rule 5 draft approaching, it has to be someone that wasn't protected right? Just waiting to see whether the PTBNL clears the Rule 5 draft. This would put our top, top guys off the table I would think.

Or the Reds want flexibility and a spot to take someone in the Rule V. 

Though I like your theory. It could be any number of players like Packy Naughton or even someone like Jose Rojas or Kevin Maitan who wasn’t protected.