• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Raisel Iglesias and $900K from the Reds for Noe Ramirez and Leo Rivas

mmc

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Iglesias (9th), Mayers (8th), Buttrey (7th) is a really good pen. I think we'll see the Buttrey prior to 2020.

Now we just need depth. Faria, Pena, Sandoval, Bedrosian should help, but I'd like to sign a guy like Bradley as well. 

Bedrosian is a free agent

13 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Sorry to sound like a downer here.

Is Iglesias at approx 9 million but losing Noe and someone else really that much better than Hand at 10 million and keep Noe and PTBNL? 

I'd bet Hand will get a multi-year deal. Who knows, maybe we still are in on Hand. It might also be worth gambling on Yates now that we have security in the pen.

Just now, Bronson said:

I love that pose he does at the end of his saves.

Now that he’s on a bigger market team and if we make the playoffs I can see that becoming one of those iconic poses. Like Brian Wilson with the crossed arms or Rodney with the arrow. 

How could you forget K-Rod and his Nanapoint™?

20 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

We have Iglesias, Mayers, Pena for now, and possibly Buttrey if he can regain his form.  That’s a fantastic high-leverage group.  We do need a lefty, but maybe that ends up being Sandoval.  We’ll see

Hector Yan is a lefty and so is Jose Quintana.

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

Maybe this is why Ramirez was tendered a contract - Minasian was probably working on this deal last week.

Ramirez didn’t have any options remaining, and he was otherwise just a mediocre reliever.  This will help create more bullpen flexibility, as you generally want your middle relievers to have options.

Noe was a solid middle reliever