• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Raisel Iglesias and $900K from the Reds for Noe Ramirez and Leo Rivas

mmc

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

Not sure where you're reading this, but the mb I read is about 95% ok with getting rid of Iglesias.

Why are they ok with him leaving?

Something we don't know?

Edit: thanks to Inside Pitch for the answer

Edited by Redondo

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

Not sure where you're reading this, but the mb I read is about 95% ok with getting rid of Iglesias.

I see a lot of “sell the team Bob this ownership has no clue what they’re doing”

“Done being a Reds fan”

“Have we just given up on winning”

But there is a lot of fans happy with this trade also. Outsiders looking in (non reds fans) are saying we easily won the trade. 

So no clue what to go off on. All I know is he improves our god awful bullpen so I’m happy. 

53 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I hope we get to see the player to be named later soon. Depending on the player, this could be a very good trade if we are able to extend him.

So far, the Angels have gotten worse at shortstop and better at closer by players with the same last name and no relation.

Worse at SS is a bit of a stretch. If Simmons is an 8.5 at this point in his career then Iglesias is a 8.25. 

10 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I see a lot of “sell the team Bob this ownership has no clue what they’re doing”

“Done being a Reds fan”

“Have we just given up on winning”

But there is a lot of fans happy with this trade also. Outsiders looking in (non reds fans) are saying we easily won the trade. 

So no clue what to go off on. All I know is he improves our god awful bullpen so I’m happy. 

I was referring to the quality of his pitching, not the state of the Red's organization.

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

I was referring to the quality of his pitching, not the state of the Red's organization.

Well they kinda go hand in hand. They think the franchise in a state of disarray because they have up a really good closer for practically nothing.

1 minute ago, Bronson said:

Well they kinda go hand in hand. They think the franchise in a state of disarray because they have up a really good closer for practically nothing.

My point is that they don't see him as a really good closer. Not even close. 

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Worse at SS is a bit of a stretch. If Simmons is an 8.5 at this point in his career then Iglesias is a 8.25. 

Simmons career bwar 36.6

Jose 12.3

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

Right now, Simmons injured is still better than a healthy Jose. It's sad. Time will tell if Simmons plays on par with Jose for the next 5 years or whatever.

5 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Simmons career bwar 36.6

Jose 12.3

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

Right now, Simmons injured is still better than a healthy Jose. It's sad. Time will tell if Simmons plays on par with Jose for the next 5 years or whatever.

I’m a huge Simmons fan but this is just a post that lacks a lot of context.