• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Non-Tender Deadline Thread (Angels non-tender Middleton, Robles, Andriese, Anderson, and Milner)

BTH

There are so many relievers on the market now after all these non-tenders, it is incredible.  We should be able to scoop up multiple relievers at a very low cost.

Someone I'd be interested in as well is David Dahl, LHH corner OF who was non-tendered by the Rockies.  Think he'd make for a good platoon in RF with Ward and would be an upgrade over Schebler.

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

Same here, but it's possible that Maddon was just using him as frequently as he did because he didn't really have many options.

Sure, and with how volatile relievers are, and the fact that his 'success' was over a small sample size, it isn't a gigantic shock that Minasian didn't want to give him 2-3m. I kinda thought they would, but it isn't like it isn't defensible. 

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

Sure, and with how volatile relievers are, and the fact that his 'success' was over a small sample size, it isn't a gigantic shock that Minasian didn't want to give him 2-3m. I kinda thought they would, but it isn't like it isn't defensible. 

Yeah.  I think we probably see why, too.  For ~3mil, there are just so many good, solid relievers available now, that he can likely better spend that 3mil on someone else.

Regardless, I expect a lot of reliever churning, given we basically just cleaned out the house.

16 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

That's really the only one that surprises me. The others were all predictable. Andriese is the only really questionable move, IMO. 

I dont like the move... Obviously this is just a marginal thing but I dont expect us to find six guys who will be better and cheaper. If they do we are going to the playoffs!

3 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

There are so many relievers on the market now after all these non-tenders, it is incredible.  We should be able to scoop up multiple relievers at a very low cost.

Someone I'd be interested in as well is David Dahl, LHH corner OF who was non-tendered by the Rockies.  Think he'd make for a good platoon in RF with Ward and would be an upgrade over Schebler.

He's a brutal defender, though.  Even worse than Schebler.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Im not sure, but I suppose it's possible he just sucks and they cut along with everyone else today, lol.

Yep, certainly a possibility.  Even though he wasn't arbitration eligible, I guess they figured it just wasn't worth the hassle to bring him back at the minimum/slightly above.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Im not sure, but I suppose it's possible he just sucks and they cut along with everyone else today, lol.

Yeah, he wasn't even arbitration eligible, lol.  The fact that we cut bait with him despite earning the minimum shows what Minasian thinks about him, lol

Re: non-tendering Andriese, I think it simply comes down to the bullpen as a whole, and not his individual performance. Sure, at $2m, he's a reasonable guy to keep. 

But when you can non-tender Bedrosian, Robles, Middleton, Anderson, Andriese, and Milner, you're saving like $10m and opening up a lot of space. Half of those guys should be replaced by cheaper guys or guys with options anyway...Reyes, Sandoval, Yan, Chris Rodriguez right off the bat stand out as potential '21 relief help who have options and will cost nada. 

Use that $10m to sign a couple solid relievers and it will balance out.