• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Non-Tender Deadline Thread (Angels non-tender Middleton, Robles, Andriese, Anderson, and Milner)

BTH

The non-tender deadline for arb-eligible players is Wednesday. Who do you see the Angels non-tendering?

For reference, here is a list of the Angels arb-eligible players and their MLB Trade Rumors' arbitration predictions:

Justin Anderson – $700K / $700K / $700K

Matt Andriese – $1.8MM / $2.8MM / $1.9MM

Dylan Bundy – $5.9MM / $9.8MM / $6.8MM

Andrew Heaney – $5.0MM / $8.0MM / $5.7MM

Mike Mayers – $800K / $1.5MM / $800K

Keynan Middleton – $1.0MM / $1.1MM / $900K

Shohei Ohtani – $2.1MM / $3.0MM / $2.1MM (using hitter model)

Felix Pena – $800K / $1.3MM / $800K

Noe Ramirez – $1.1MM / $1.2MM /  $1.0MM

Hansel Robles – $3.85MM / $4.1MM / $3.9MM

Max Stassi – $1.8MM / $2.5MM / $1.4MM

*MLB Trade Rumors used 3 methods, which are outlined here: 

Method 1: Applies model directly with actual statistics from this 60-game season

Method 2: Extrapolates all counting stats to would-be 162-game totals.  One home run becomes 2.7 home runs.

Method 3: For non-first-time eligibles, finds the raise they’d get in a 162 game season, then gives them 37% of that raise

In my opinion, Anderson, Andriese, Middleton, Ramirez, and Robles are the only players who seem to have any chance of getting non-tendered. I also think it's a lock that Robles will get non-tendered.

Edit: Gonna add my prediction before the deadline in an hour or so: The Angels non-tender Ramirez and Robles.

I'm not quite sure why we would non-tender Anderson or Middleton, both of whom are projected to basically earn either the minimum or slightly above the minimum.  The only reason I imagine Noe Ramirez gets non-tendered is because he's out of options, which creates roster inflexibility.

Robles seems like a slam dunk non-tender.  I would offer the rest contracts.

Id be surprised if Andriese is non-tendered.  He had a bad stretch from 7/31--8/16 where he gave up 12 runs in 9 1/3 innings (4 appearances).  Outside of that he gave up 4 runs in 23 innings (12 appearances).  His WHIP was an even 1, even with the bad stretch.  I get the impression that Maddon is comfortable with him going back to his days with the Rays.

Any reliever who can pitch multiple innings effective on a regular basis will be worth more even than usual in '21 with the lack of innings by starters in 2020. Lot less arms stretched out for a full season. 

By that reckoning, Andriese and Ramirez should be safe. Robles seems an obvious non tender. Middleton and.Anderson are debatable. 

3 hours ago, Trendon said:

The non-tender deadline for arb-eligible players is Wednesday. Who do you see the Angels non-tendering?

For reference, here is a list of the Angels arb-eligible players and their MLB Trade Rumors' arbitration predictions:

Justin Anderson – $700K / $700K / $700K

Matt Andriese – $1.8MM / $2.8MM / $1.9MM

Dylan Bundy – $5.9MM / $9.8MM / $6.8MM

Andrew Heaney – $5.0MM / $8.0MM / $5.7MM

Mike Mayers – $800K / $1.5MM / $800K

Keynan Middleton – $1.0MM / $1.1MM / $900K

Shohei Ohtani – $2.1MM / $3.0MM / $2.1MM (using hitter model)

Felix Pena – $800K / $1.3MM / $800K

Noe Ramirez – $1.1MM / $1.2MM /  $1.0MM

Hansel Robles – $3.85MM / $4.1MM / $3.9MM

Max Stassi – $1.8MM / $2.5MM / $1.4MM

*MLB Trade Rumors used 3 methods, which are outlined here: 

Method 1: Applies model directly with actual statistics from this 60-game season

Method 2: Extrapolates all counting stats to would-be 162-game totals.  One home run becomes 2.7 home runs.

Method 3: For non-first-time eligibles, finds the raise they’d get in a 162 game season, then gives them 37% of that raise

my guess.  

3 hours ago, Junkballer said:

Id be surprised if Andriese is non-tendered.  He had a bad stretch from 7/31--8/16 where he gave up 12 runs in 9 1/3 innings (4 appearances).  Outside of that he gave up 4 runs in 23 innings (12 appearances).  His WHIP was an even 1, even with the bad stretch.  I get the impression that Maddon is comfortable with him going back to his days with the Rays.

I do think that Andriese gained Maddon's trust towards the end of the season, perhaps partly because there weren't that many relievers for Maddon to trust in that bullpen.

That being said, Eppler brought in Andriese and he's no longer here, so Minasian may have a different view on Andriese. Also, Andriese is projected to make somewhere between 1.8 to 2.8 million, which isn't an insignificant number. Especially when you consider they let go of Bedrosian, who has arguably been better than Andriese, when his contract would have been near the high end of Andriese' projection.

18 hours ago, Warfarin said:

I'm not quite sure why we would non-tender Anderson or Middleton, both of whom are projected to basically earn either the minimum or slightly above the minimum.  The only reason I imagine Noe Ramirez gets non-tendered is because he's out of options, which creates roster inflexibility.

Robles seems like a slam dunk non-tender.  I would offer the rest contracts.

Anderson always on IL

19 hours ago, Trendon said:

I do think that Andriese gained Maddon's trust towards the end of the season, perhaps partly because there weren't that many relievers for Maddon to trust in that bullpen.

That being said, Eppler brought in Andriese and he's no longer here, so Minasian may have a different view on Andriese. Also, Andriese is projected to make somewhere between 1.8 to 2.8 million, which isn't an insignificant number. Especially when you consider they let go of Bedrosian, who has arguably been better than Andriese, when his contract would have been near the high end of Andriese' projection.

I think the key part of that statement though is "Maddon's trust."  Maddon did appear to trust him, and Andriese did appear to make some progress with his pitches and was fairly effective down the stretch.  If Maddon trusts him, then it's possible Minasian will keep him on board.

Bedrosian was barely used when we were trying to go on a run to make the playoffs, which suggests to me that Maddon didn't trust him, and it is likely why he was let go.

• Chuck changed the title to The Official Non-Tender Deadline Thread