• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What If

IEAngelsfan

35 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

That, and adenhart, were like the beginning of the end.

The crazy thing is we had a solid decade of doing almost everything right. Some bad ones, like finley, but lots of great moves like saunders that were better than expected.

Then we did a jekyll and hyde thing, and did so many wrong moves.

It was simply over committing. They had been so close to a world series that they became blind to the fact that they were getting further and further away from that goal. I dont think Moreno truly appreciated how good of a situation the team was in when he purchased them in 2002. 

Well, there's also this:

Angels GMs

1999-2007 Bill Stoneman

2007-2011 Tony Reagins

2011-2015 Jerry Dipoto

2015-2020 Billy Eppler

2020- Perry Minasian

The man at the helm matters, probably far more than the team manager. I probably should have listed Stoneman stepping down as the start of the series of unfortunate events.

What if say Morales was healthy and the same guy he was pre leg break. And we had signed beltre in 09(10 maybe?) And we had both as our MOTO for the brief moment when weaver, haren and santana were all good at the same time.

This is fun and sad at the same time

@AngelsLakersFan mentioned Moreno not knowing how good he had it when he bought the team in 02. I think that goes for some of us on here, too. Think about what we used to bitch about 10 years ago...lol

Weaver, haren and santana.... damn. Didnt last long, but there was a stretch of about 2 years there where weaver and santana back to back was as filthy as any one two in baseball. Just no offense.

And think about those one here who used to bitch about vlad towards the end, or how they were sick of torii, because he wasnt a leader.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It does. Those who say "yeah right, thats how I had my first one" dont realize it doesnt work if you pull out after you start.

I guess I'm one of those. Two daughters, both withdrawal babies. Or maybe, quasi-withdrawal.

Now the internet knows. Sort of like @Adam's balls.

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I guess I'm one of those. Two daughters, both withdrawal babies. Or maybe, quasi-withdrawal.

Now the internet knows. Sort of like @Adam's balls.

If you point the gun in the air, after you shoot it at someone, its not a warning shot.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:16 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Well, there's also this:

Angels GMs

1999-2007 Bill Stoneman

2007-2011 Tony Reagins

2011-2015 Jerry Dipoto

2015-2020 Billy Eppler

2020- Perry Minasian

The man at the helm matters, probably far more than the team manager. I probably should have listed Stoneman stepping down as the start of the series of unfortunate events.

Don’t forget letting Eddie Bane go. He built an excellent MILB system that then got destroyed by Reagins and DiPoto. Eppler did a better job of resurrecting the Farm, but he and the Scouting Staff were unable to draft and develop pitching. We will see how Minasian does. 

1 hour ago, TroutCron said:

Don’t forget letting Eddie Bane go. He built an excellent MILB system that then got destroyed by Reagins and DiPoto. Eppler did a better job of resurrecting the Farm, but he and the Scouting Staff were unable to draft and develop pitching. We will see how Minasian does. 

The jury is still out on Eppler's drafts. He did draft some promising pitchers, though:

2016: Chris Rodriguez

2017: Griffin Canning

2018: Aaron Hernandez, William Holmes

2019: Jack Kochanowicz, Erik Rivera, Garret Stallings

2020: Reid Detmers

Canning is already up and should be a mid-rotation guy. Detmers and Rodriguez should be up within the next year or so, and at least as good. Kochanowicz has immense potential, and Holmes and Rivera have some promise as two-way players. Stallings netted us a decent SS, and Hernandez looks like a middle reliever.

So while the Angels aren't the Dodgers, it is a bit hyperbolic to say Eppler was "unable to draft and develop pitching."