• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ha-Seong Kim ?

UndertheHalo

we've already talked about this in another thread, but my opinion remains the same. i don't think the angels will even be in on him, other than some pundits listing our name in the possible suitors based purely on need. i think the angels offense can't handle the risk of any more empty spots in the lineup. i doubt they do any of the big money FA. i think they most likely move flether over and sign one of the good 2b that are out there for a very reasonable contract. they just need league average production.

16 hours ago, kj_maestro said:

If he can translate as well as the stat nerds believe, that’s really an underrated benefit imo. In interviews he could ask the question to himself in Korean, answer in Korean, and then translate the answer in English. It would be wildly entertaining 

Edited by T.G.

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

my understanding is that the kbo is essentially AA, maybe that's accurate and maybe not. i don't think the angels need that kind of risk from a starter right now.

Bingo. Don't think we have the money to take a risk at this time, not when we could sign someone who is more of a known quantity for something similar AAV. This just isn't the kind of move the Angels make. 

Perfect for a team like mid-level team like Milwaukee, Cincinnati, Toronto, Texas, etc.

On 11/29/2020 at 6:51 PM, totdprods said:

Bingo. Don't think we have the money to take a risk at this time, not when we could sign someone who is more of a known quantity for something similar AAV. This just isn't the kind of move the Angels make. 

Perfect for a team like mid-level team like Milwaukee, Cincinnati, Toronto, Texas, etc.

You just listed 3/4 teams which were playoffs?

34 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Well said.

Those teams have pitching that is substantially deeper than what the Angels have. Our money is limited. If they’re spending on hitters, it needs to be proven commodities. If they’re gambling money, it should be on pitching. 

Those mid-tier teams have to take gambles on players like that more because that’s about the limit in which they can spend.

If we spend $10m on Kim and he equates another Rengifo or Barreto, we’re in much worse shape than if we had risked similar dollars on someone like Odorizzi or Quintana or Wood. 

I’m all for improving the team by way of outside the box avenues or doubling down on offensive - I’ve made that clear in some of other ideas - but this just doesn’t feel like a move we would make or can make given the risk and our budget.  

Edited by totdprods