• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stadium reconstruction and development detailed

beatlesrule

I appreciate the optimism.  But Arte is 74.  He probably won't be around to see this project completed, which makes me wonder how much of this will be completed.  Also that the Angels project will take 25 years, where the Ducks project is shooting for a 2028 completion.  It just doesn't sound right.  

50 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I appreciate the optimism.  But Arte is 74.  He probably won't be around to see this project completed, which makes me wonder how much of this will be completed.  Also that the Angels project will take 25 years, where the Ducks project is shooting for a 2028 completion.  It just doesn't sound right.  

Ducks is 2024 last I read

2 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Lol, Yahoo is striving for new lows... 

Basically nothing new was said.   They mentioned the sale of the land (the money), which is old news and then quoted Moreno's comments at the Minasian presser.  They essentially rearranged the order of words from past stories then combined them into one "article" while bringing absolutely nothing new to light.

I'm annoyed I gave Yahoo a click they don't deserve

As someone who has to drive a distance to attend a game, I don’t like that the parking lot is going away.

I also don’t like that it’s going to be severely crowded there, too - 5000+ apartments plus >1000 hotel rooms & office space brings a choking amount of cars into the neighborhood. 

Id like to know what their plans are for traffic and parking. I have no interest in taking an Uber to the stadium.

"But that will change as redevelopment occurs on the property over the next 25 years, with the open-space residential park scheduled for completion within 15 years of the deal’s closing."

I somehow missed this the first time I read the article. I'm confused as to when building will begin around the stadium to make it better. It's not exciting if I have to wait 15 years for the ballpark to be a better experience.

Did it take 15 years to make Petco the way it is? Other ball parks around the U.S.A the way they are? I didn't think so.

58 minutes ago, Tank said:

Id like to know what their plans are for traffic and parking.

Well, going off the drawing, there's a single grass field out near the 51 freeway 57 freeway that will fit about 120 cars.

So, figure parking will cost something like $150, but there will be parking.

7 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

"But that will change as redevelopment occurs on the property over the next 25 years, with the open-space residential park scheduled for completion within 15 years of the deal’s closing."

I somehow missed this the first time I read the article. I'm confused as to when building will begin around the stadium to make it better. It's not exciting if I have to wait 15 years for the ballpark to be a better experience.

Did it take 15 years to make Petco the way it is? Other ball parks around the U.S.A the way they are? I didn't think so.

I think it all depends on the red tape, and or real development interest.  Platinum Triangle seems like it's going on year 50.  Hollywood Park started in 2009, with demolition of a historical race track in 2013.  (yes I'm still bitter about it closing, fuck Inglewood).  2014 was when the Rams bought their parcel, and the stadium was opened way above budget this year.  

25-30 years of construction will not make the gameday experience any better.  Might even keep people away more.  

8 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Downtown San Diego existed before Petco park went in. Right now Nothing exists except Angels stadium and a parking. But this deal seriously just sounds like they want to put all these maps get it all agreed to by the city and then flip it for someone else to incur all these costs of building it. I don’t know how or why this is a 25 plus year deal in the works. 

4 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Yeah, it jumps out.  

Also, can anyone explain what this phrase means exactly:

The deal calls for the construction of 5,175 apartments, 777 of them affordable at market rates

https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west/local-business/2020/09/09/anaheim-city-council-slated-to-vote-on--320-million-stadium-deal-with-angels-owner-later-this-month

Under the proposed agreement, the city will sell the stadium and land for $320 million but provide SRB a $170 million community benefit credit if SRB reserves 15 percent or 777 of its residential units for moderate and low-income qualified residents.